Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 510 Favorites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 510 Favorites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsinbad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: TomTom 510 Favorites Reply with quote

H first post here

TomTom Go 510 firmware 6.52

Somehow i have created a false safety cam outside where i live, not sure how i have created this, but have noticed speedcams in my favorites folder.

There is probably a simple answer to this problem ie delete from favorites as yet not been able to do this. I have looked at edit poi and remove poi ;but cannot find the mystry safety cam .

question is how do i delete files in my favorites?

regards rsinbad
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 510 Favorites Reply with quote

rsinbad wrote:
H first post here

TomTom Go 510 firmware 6.52

Somehow i have created a false safety cam outside where i live, not sure how i have created this, but have noticed speedcams in my favorites folder.

There is probably a simple answer to this problem ie delete from favorites as yet not been able to do this. I have looked at edit poi and remove poi ;but cannot find the mystry safety cam .

question is how do i delete files in my favorites?

regards rsinbad
Welcome Not entirely clear what you're asking here.

Are you using POICapture? Or have you saved a favourite which you have called a camera? Do you have the SpeedCam database also? If you use the database, are you getting a warning for your "new" camera?
You can remove a favourite by "Change preferences", "Manage favourites", select your favourite and then select delete.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
rsinbad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply fairly new to this ;but not sure what i've done but think somehow have saved this to favorites? the cam comes up as unnamed and gives warning sounds.
unable to use manage favourites as this function is greyed out even though show mre features is enabled.

Looking into the sd card cannot find any favorite folder firmware is 6.52
everything else works fine
rsinbad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm

It seems if i add a poi like place or street etc the manage poi is available and can delete the ones i've added however the safety cam is not displayed and therefore unable to delete ? any ideas how this can be deleted?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which camera database are you using? is it the one from this site or TomToms own offering? - Mike
rsinbad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera data base is from this site not long updated 'however the sd card shows the old free cams which are not active. The ones i downloaded were the zoned ones do you think this could be the problem if so which would be the best to download?

The warning given for the phantom cam is gatso 30
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no problem with the speed zoned database, its the best IMHO.
Try the following, switch on the device, make sure it has a GPS position fix, go to change preferences/ manage POI / Delete POI (make sure you get the Delete POI and NOT Delete POI Category).
Select pocketgps uk gatso 30 the top iyem in the list should show a distance of a few yards - if so select it and confirm delete.
It would appear you have added a camera to this file from what you suggest above - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if your Delete or Manage Favourites icons are greyed out that means you haven't got any Favourites to manage yet! So, the "phantom" camera you've added must have been added into one of the individual speed cam POI category files.
Use Mike's instructions to find it and delete it.

Then I'd suggest that you have a play, finding out the differences between Favourites and POIs, and how to
1. add Favourites
2. create a new POI Category, and
3. add new POIs in that category or an existing category

Note you cannot add or remove items from the TomTom supplied built-in categories like railway stations etc.
Note also, that when you view the contents of the card in Windows Explorer, you will be able to see the individual user-created POI category files with the names you called them(.ov2 extensions), but your Favourites are stored in a file called 'MapSettings.cfg'

Search the web for a utility called 'POI Edit' if you want to examine the contents of your ov2 files and edit them on the PC.
rsinbad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for your info tried your suggestions ;but no joy have formatted the sd card and used a backup to restore to an earlier time,downloaded latest cams ogg files everything is fine now .
thanks for your imput.

roy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: