Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Time To Change-So Advice Needed Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Time To Change-So Advice Needed Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Time To Change-So Advice Needed Please Reply with quote

I've been posting here for a while and thought I knew enough to make a choice ...but I do need help! I have been ploughing through the various sections and my nrain hurts.

I've been running Co Pilot 5 for a couple of years now and I find it perectly OK for my needs but I'm less keen on the PDA route and would prefer a dedicated system. The choice in mind boggling and all seem to have their good and bad points. The bad I can live with as its just a case of knowing what the limitations are in these systems and making allowances for them.

Considered the upgrade to CP 6 even though it still gives me the PDA issue.

In short I want a slim system UK & IR , European maps can be on board but would be happy with them on CD, text to speech for street names. To me that means

TT One
Mio 510 or 710
Garmin Nuvi

Test to Speech would be really nice and only the Garmin seems to have that ? Mio seem very good but seem to have a worse customer service than ALk, TT are well established and well priced at the moment so any pointers to assist me would be appreciated

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its more confusing...some Nuvi's have TTS others don't. I think this is a very useful feature and one I've got used to in CP5 but seems lacking in all but the most expensive "all in one" slim units from the various manufacturers. Its also not clearly stated on many web sites such as GPS in their product descriptions.

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: