Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Go 300 V6.520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Go 300 V6.520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go 300 V6.520 Reply with quote

Hi and a Merry Christmas to all, I have a TTG300 and the latest version 6.520 I have done everything that I needed to do with the .ogg files and I have them all in the same place also with version 6.150 this all worked fine all the warning voices were spot on, but now with V6.520 they have all defaulted back to bells and bongs I have unchecked them and checked them again and have also pressed the reset as someone mentioned this would be worth a try, turned it off and back on again but all to no avail, so have gone back to V6.150 put the cameras back on and Liz Whittakers warning sounds and it works fine again, so is it just V6.520 blip or is it something I might be doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your patience
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the OGG files in place, why would you need Spoken Alerts in the data.chk file? The oggs replace this requirement......

You can use the Bells, Bongs, etc for other POI's as you don't need them for your camera warnings, as you have the OGG files running?

Put 6.520 back, add camera Warn when Nears, you should not be asked to add an Alert sound ( if you got the oggs method right ).

Are you sure you need Camera Alerts in data.chk now?????

If you need more, ask away.
regards
cbee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for the help, but am not sure I follow, am still fairly new to this but this is what I have done in V6.150 I left the BMP pictures and the pocket gps .ov2 files alone then took Liz Whittaker .ogg files and renamed them to look like this "pocketgps_uk_gatso_40.ogg" my bmp file reads pocketgps_uk_gatso_40 and the original pgps file reads pocketgps_uk_gatso_40.ov2 this is taken from V6.150 and works fine, thats what I don't understand because as soon as I upgrade to V6.520 I lose the spoken alerts and they default back to bells and bongs but I did notice that when I tap on warn when near poi then select a speed, it asks if I want to remove warning, when I answer no the next screen it shows is warn when closer than, I tap on done then it asks me to select a warning sound so something must be wrong as you said it should not ask me for this problem is I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong Embarassed

Thanks again for your time
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please have a read of THIS I suspect yopu might have the ogg file extensions double named which is explained in the guide - Mike
cbee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks you were in deed right the file ext. were double named,but sorted now and works perfct, thanks again for all your help. :P
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guess, but you would be surprised how often this one crops up! once you have Windows Explorer corectly configured (as you now have) it won't happen again - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was right behind you Mike! Laughing

My fingers can type "Tools / Folder Options / View tab" without me looking now! Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: