Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My TomTom 510 now says 710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My TomTom 510 now says 710

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: My TomTom 510 now says 710 Reply with quote

I contacted TomTom to ask why there was so much data on my new tomtom inc TomTom Home they said it's hard to expalin what should be there and not so sent me an email below:

Thank you for your enquiry. Please take the following steps which we hope can fix this problem:

1) Attach your GO to your PC via the USB cable and ensure that your PC is able to recognise it (check in My Computer).
2) Use TomTom Home to make a full back up of the contents of your GO. Only proceed with the following steps once you are sure that a full back up has been made.
3) Go into My Computer, browse the contents of the SD card and delete the files from the root menu which are not contained in a folder.
4) When this is done, click on the following link: http://62.250.16.51/US/US_RN_DL/ttgoupd_6_02_6690.zip. Download the contents to your desktop, then right-click, extract contents, and when given a new window, double-click on 'setup'. Follow the onscreen instructions, and choose to install the application.
5) When application has finished and the screen has stopped flashing, turn off the GO and remove from the docking shoe. Restart the GO via the reset hole on the back of the unit (push in with a paperclip for 10 seconds, remove and push and hold the ON button for another 10 seconds), and hopefully the programme should begin to run again.

If you are still facing the same problems, please get back in touch and we can assist you further with this problem.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Know my TomTom says 710 when loading etc. Weird ?

I could not find the rest hole so did not do that bit ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset button:
This pic is on page 3 of the manual (Online version HERE)....
(F is the reset hole)

Version:
TT510 and 710 are identical. The only difference is the maps. They both even have the same model number printed on the bottom.

Both these have been discussed here loads before! Don't forget the search button.

TomTom's email:
As far as I can see, they have just sent you generic instructions to re-install the software.
The interesting thig is that they have sent you a manual link rather than telling you to install via Home. Unfortunately, I can't get that link to work though.
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I relized the only difference was maps but I just found it starnge that after this manual stuff it now thinks it's a tomtom 710.

Posted link direct from email try this:

http://62.250.16.51/US/US_RN_DL/ttgoupd_6_02_6690.zip
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're having a busy week adrian...
In two days you've tried to sell your 500, only to have the touchscreen fail the day before someone was coming to collect it; you've bought a 510 and decided to wipe a load of stuff off the card; and you've tried to update a friend's Go Classic with the original SD card and without first doing a backup!

Maybe you need a quiet weekend! Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: