Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTone V2 camera database problems.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTone V2 camera database problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milneri
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: TTone V2 camera database problems. Reply with quote

Hi,

Just bought a TTone (new version) I have installed the pocketGPS camera software onto it, following the instructions on your website. the software installs but the page with the set up camera icons on it is not legible when viewed on my TT making it impossible to set up. Any ideas? Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, by the sounds of your problem you have installed the POICapture software on your new device. If you were intending to install the Speed Camera Database then this is a diffent product. Can you confirm your intentions, i.e. do you want the speed cameras to warn you of camera locations or do you want to capture new/ existing camera locations - or possibly even both of these options? - Mike
milneri
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I just want to know where the cameras are and recieve a warning when approaching them. I am running the 6.520 software on my TTone and have installed the 1.06g POI as per the instructions, the software appears to have been installed but, as stated previously, is not legible on the set up page. I have since installed the TomTom camera software as well, but it doesn't look very good!

Ian.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POI Capture software is a utility that can be used for recording the position of cameras, it is nothing to do with warning of known cameras. Also the POICapture software is known to be problematic on your device, the screen interface isn't quite right so the icons appear rotated IIRC.

If you have installed the TomTom camera database I don't believe there are any settings to be made (I have not tried their latest offering on any of my units so I am not 100% on this though), they simply work, if you want proper spoken alerts comprising of the camera type and speed for the specific camera you are approaching you need the database from this site.

This costs £2 per month or £19 per year. Once installed you can set-up the warnings to do a number of things, individual warnings related to speed and camera type, two warnings per camera (if you really want to do this).

Camera warnings are set-up using the change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI, select the individual camera POI's one at a time and configure them for the warning - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: