Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 6031-X7 switch to SIRF???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

6031-X7 switch to SIRF???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klara31
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: 6031-X7 switch to SIRF??? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been using the 6031-X7 for some time now and so far pretty satisfied. But now I am struggling to get it from NMEA output towards SIRF: whenever I use Winfast Navigator, Sirftweak, GPSTweak to 'Switch to SIRF', the Rikaline disconnects, connects and continues to generate output in NMEA. I am apparently doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what!

Can anybody help me out with clues, tips, or even maybe a 'howto'?

Thanx,
Klara
wizy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 6031-X7 switch to SIRF??? Reply with quote

klara31 wrote:
Hi,

Can anybody help me out with clues, tips, or even maybe a 'howto'?

We do need one for X7 me thinks... The user guide isn't exactly useful. I've tried to switch to SiRF without success. Let me know if you succeed.
klara31
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 6031-X7 switch to SIRF??? Reply with quote

[quote="wizy
I've tried to switch to SiRF without success.
[/quote]

Well, at least I am not the only one who has these problems. How about the other 6031-X7 users out there? Isn't there anyone who can produce a 'howto' on this item, or is everybody having these problems?

Please help!

Klara
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using WinFast Navigator, you connect under the default factory settings, e.g. NMEA COM 8 (if that's what it uses), switch to the development view and you should see lots of lines starting with things like $GPGSA or $GPGSV. Now goto COMMANDS, and select the SiRF tab, and make sure the baud rate is set the same as you originally connected, then tap OK and the receiver should switch to SiRF mode and on the Development view screen you won't see commands like $GPGSA or $GPGSV.

Also check out the following article http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/winfastnavigatorppc.php
klara31
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Thanx for your instructions.

I have followed them, but unfortunately still no succes: after tapping 'OK' in the SIRF tab (with the current baudrate selected), the bottom line remains on 'Connect...'. The bullet at the end of the line (indicating data?) is blinking though. Both green leds on the GPS are also on.

My conclusion from the above is that the receiver hasn't switched to SIRF mode. It seems like it does not recognize the 'go to SIRF mode' command.
I have also mailed to Rikaline, but they are not very responsive Sad
klara31
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rikaline (sales@rikaline.com.tw) has mailed me the following:

Quote:
Concerning your request, actually , so far we not provide the function switchin between NEMA and SIRF in our X7 bluetooth. The only way to solve this problem is that we change alternative sentence for you.

I do not quite understand how to interpret the last sentence (English is not my native language), but it does state clearly that it is not possible.
Is my conclusion that the 6031-X7 cannot do SIRF at all correct?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud Laughing

Actually I guess it's not beyond scope for them to limit the receiver to NMEA mode and not allow you to switch to SiRF, this could be done in the firmware and may be the case. I'll let you know as soon as I get my hands on one.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: