Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which files???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which files???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackKnight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Which files??? Reply with quote

Hi,

Just bought myself a TT rider.
managed to download a few POI's from a diferent website. It was a matter of downloading them then simple pasting them into the 'Great Britan' folder. They all work fine.

I then tried to get the camera database from this forum. I downloaded it ok but got very confused with all the different files and folders.

I pasted the zip file into the TT, GB folder, then opened it and pasted the contents into the TT GB folder too. I think I overworte some files accidentally.

Now I don't have a copy of the original setup, I don't have the spash screen on startup of closedown not do I have any of the cameras on the database.

I really don't know what to do from here. Should I try and delete all the camera files I pasted and start again? Can anyone help, I'm really at a loss and don't what to start messing about to find out I've deleted the wrong date and my TT is defunct.

Thanks

Rick.
andiab
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

This should help you out, try having a read of this.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18701

But before you add anything to your TomTom always back up first then if you get into problems you can go back to the original settings.

If you are still stumped repost in this thread again as someone will always help you out.

Hope this helps.

Andi...
BlackKnight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andi, but still no joy.

I think I need to delete the downloads I've put on already and try again.

I can't see why its not working.

Why do we have to change file names?? Surely if they have conflicting names with existing TT files they should have been named something different in the first place.

I think I'll have another go later today.

Is this the right procedure....

Download the files - I can't even find the bloody page with the downloads on, I find this site really hard to navigate Evil or Very Mad

save files to my documents

open all folders down to root files

Paste all files into GB folder on Tomtom

Is that correct???
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the camera files from HERE Note you need to have a current subscription to be able to access this area of the site.
Save the download to your PC, for ease save to the desk top.
Open the downloaded folder, win XP will simply unzip the files from the folder for you, select all the files that end with .bmp and .ov2 (these are the camera POI files). Once selected right click and select "Copy" from the pop-up.
Locate your device in Windows Explorer and go to the map folder, right click and select "Paste" this will copy the files to the device, if Windows prompts to overwrite existing file answer YES as it will only be updating an old installation that was on the device (or previous attempts to install the cameras).
Once the files are on the unit switch it on and go to Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI and configure the warnings for EACH of the camera types you have installed - Mike
BlackKnight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

Yes my subscription is current.
I'm sure thats what I did first time round but i'll give it another try.

Many thanks to both of you for taking the time to help.

Rick. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: