Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM RIDER SPEED CAMERA HELP PLEASE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM RIDER SPEED CAMERA HELP PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GED572002
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM RIDER SPEED CAMERA HELP PLEASE Reply with quote

hi ive just bought a tt rider and ive subsribed to this site with the intention of downloading the speedcamera add on,ive d/loaded the file 1.0 3g5 420
unzipped and coppied the files to the tt rider in the great-britain map folder,i then created a catagory of interest "speed camera" and enable poi
but nothing is showing on the tom tom ive just been for a drive past 4 cameras to no avail can someone help please ive been trying to sort this out for hours cheers

ps i think the tomtom version is 5.410 hope this makes sense
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear you have downloaded and installed the POICapture utility to the device which is a recorder to capture camera locations. The Speed Camera database is a seperate download that is only available to subscribed site members, cost is £2 per month or £19 per year.

Once you are a paid up subscriber to the site you will have access to the download section containing the cameras which can be found HERE If you need to find the page to subscribe please click HERE - Mike
GED572002
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi cheers thanks for the reply,iam a paid up member im also a numpty i downloaded the wrong file ,,,,,but even when i installed the correct file the tt still didnt want to know,,after 4 attemts after switching of my firewal it now works not sure if the firewall had anything to do with it????

can i just ask you when i come to install the update in futre will i have to delete this current file or can i just overwrite it with the new update

cheers once again for ur help
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A belated Welcome to the forum, when you need to update the cameras simply overwrite the existing ones, the new update will contain the full database, certain firewalls are known to be problematic. Get the warnings configured on your device and enjoy the new capability of your device - Mike
GED572002
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHEERS MIKE IF THE WEATHER IMPROVES ILL BE ON ME BIKE TOMOROW up to the peak district and no more getting lost thanks once again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: