Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony NV-U50T/U70T Speed Camera Warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony NV-U50T/U70T Speed Camera Warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigugly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Sony NV-U50T/U70T Speed Camera Warnings Reply with quote

Hi all just thought this may be helpful for the few who have Sony sat nav
http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=565

hope it helps
Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Sony NV-U50T/U70T Speed Camera Warnings Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I have an interest as I use the Sony U50 and would like to add the speed cameras. I have seen a previous post by a forum member (Dippy) and he describes a DIY option, however, it very much depends on a reasonable level of IT competence and thats where I fail.

I am curious as to what this package offers for 29.99 Euro.

1) It this a ‘one off’ payment or will further subscriptions be required for ongoing updates, if they are provided.
2) Will it replace any/all of the existing Sony POI.
3) Has the Sony got sufficient memory to accommodate all of these.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

By the way the unit itself is first class.
bigugly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm also very new as I only installed it yesterday but as I understand it you get future program updates free.
As for your existing Sony POIs they are unchanged as it runs a seperate process with its own POIs which you add either by using the syncronisation program from within windows or manually by using active sync i.e the Pocketgps database.
The Sony is slowed down marginally but you only really notice it when perfoming some other task (which is quite slow anyway) not during navigation.

Hope this helps

P.S be advised that it will not show icons in 3D mode at the moment which they report as a failling in the navigation software itself and say will probably be added later by an update from Sony and will then enable support from there side.
Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Sony NV-U50T/U70T Speed Camera Warnings Reply with quote

Thanks for your instant feed back. That’s a great help and it all sounds very encouraging. Have you tried it out yet?

One thing I have noticed with my U50 is the mph displayed on the unit contradicts the car’s Speedo and it’s the same on my daughter’s car. Typically with the car @ 60 mph the unit displays 54/55 mph. Have you noticed anything similar with your’s or perhaps it’s a bug on mine.
bigugly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say its most likely the speedo's on both cars are set to display a slightly higher speed to keep you within the legal limit.
as for how well it works, its very good and quite simple i would recomend to anyone its very similar to checkpoint for tomtom.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony NV-U50T/U70T Speed Camera Warnings Reply with quote

Benny5 wrote:

One thing I have noticed with my U50 is the mph displayed on the unit contradicts the car’s Speedo and it’s the same on my daughter’s car. Typically with the car @ 60 mph the unit displays 54/55 mph. Have you noticed anything similar with your’s or perhaps it’s a bug on mine.

This is quite well documented with all sat nav vs speedo situations :D
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Sony NV-U50T/U70T Speed Camera Warnings Reply with quote

Thank to both for the info.

I have decided to splash out the 29.90 Euro.

Regards

Benny5
Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to splash out the 29.9 Euro and purchase. Unless I am missing something, and as a novice that may be possible, I have ended up with a lot of POI less safety cameras. To obtain these I have to fork out a further 12 euro for a 12-month subscription.

As for upgrades from Warner, they advise that they are free but only for the purchased version, subsequent releases are chargeable.

Benny5
Dippy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you can use POI-Warner with the speed camera database from here?
Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatly appreciate your reply.
I don't know if you had a similar problem but the installation process reruires me to be a member of http://www.pocketnavigation.de/ --
The problem is this site is all in German so joining has proved difficult.
Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dippy

Re; the above. I have made some progress with understanding the German web site and have now registered. Where do I get the POI Warner speed camera info from.

At the moment the overlay sync. points to POIHANDLER.com with a message
'sync service for this overlay belongs to the non free supply of this service.
And thats where a further fee of 12 euro comes from.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Benny5
Benny5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the last post I have subscribed to GPS Camera Database and would now like help with a couple of problems.

i) With POI Warner installed the unit has slowed down considerably and 3d view has vanished. (this was mentioned previously), however the performance is very very slow.
ii) During a recent sync I got a message 'Fatal error system closing down' and now the red block (icon) has disappeared from the screen layout.

Essentially I would like to use the existing Sony POI and just add the Safety Camera info from GPS via POI Warner. Hopefully this will improve the system performance. Can I delete anything that might be contributing to the poor performance.

Any help Please...............

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: