Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom + thb + spv c500
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom + thb + spv c500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gypsy666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: tomtom + thb + spv c500 Reply with quote

ok , its been a long week with this phone , head is hurting now , but nearly there....

got a lock orange spv c500 - now unlocked (nighmare)

got tomtom mobile 5.21 , and a cheap bluetooth gps , sorted (another nightmare)

now its all working fine at last , but have a problem thats been mentioned on this site before , even orange recon they have fixed this with the lates rom update (rom is done also)

no sound from tomtom when in the car kit !!!

rom update has not fixed it , thought it would be nope !

has anybody got round this yet ?

cant ask orange as i dont have an orange phone number you see (on tesco p&go)

cheers , look forward to all the fixes Laughing
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought tt mobile only came with the tomtom receiver if its a wired car kit then you sohould have sound throught the earphone socket if it bluetooth car kit you wont get sound through the car kit as the c500 doesnt support bluetooth sterio

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
gypsy666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought the software only , no gps , so have to buy one , was going to go for a tomtom , but took the plunge on a cheaper version (bluenext) , gps is working very well after some tweeks (bypass the pass code 0000) , the kit is hard wired , fine for talking on the phone , but as others have spoted , the thb car kit only turns sound on when it get a signal from the phone to do so , tomtom software doesnt have this function , so i know why it doesnt work , just need to know how to get round it , as before , orange recon the rom should fix it , loaded the rom , but no change....

sd
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot legally buy TomTom Mobile 5 without the GPS receiver can you...? unless you upgraded from a previous version and registered on the mobile.

Mods correct me if I am wrong otherwise maybe lock the thread?
gypsy666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look , i bought the software on its own , with a activation key etc , unused , new , it was discounted as it didnt have the full box and a gps with it (maybe a scallywag pinched the gps unit) , so i obviously had to buy a gps unit for it . i was going to buy a tomtom one , but the one i bought was a lot cheaper and said it worked with tomtom5......

can we get back to the docking problem now please.

sd
gypsy666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is an example of SOFTWARE ONLY , http://www.easydevices.co.uk/products.asp?partno=636926009058

sd
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy666 wrote:
here is an example of SOFTWARE ONLY , http://www.easydevices.co.uk/products.asp?partno=636926009058

sd
That's Navigator, not mobile!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
gypsy666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes , true , bad example , i didnt get mine off the web though, just though i'd found the same deal , never mind..

thanks for all the help guys (not)

could somebody close this thread down for me please..

i'm not here for arguments !!
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gypsy,

Don't listen to these guys. You can buy the software only. In fact, the software is available for free on TomTom's website. It is the maps that you pay for and the activation key.

Can we please help this person with his problem instead of trying to find out if he has a dodgy copy. I know for a fact what Gypsy claims can be done.

PS,

BGF the Navigator maps and Mobile maps are exactly the same and you could use them either for mobile or navigator, so the example was not that bad.

ANYBODY GOT A SOLUTION TO THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM Rolling Eyes
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget sound from TomTom for now. To many variables. So try playing some sounds on the phone and seeing if that comes out of the car kit, e.g. an MP3. If not maybe a car kit or a phone problem.

If car kit you could always ask for advise from THB Bury in Germany (www.thb.de).

If this test works then sounds like a TT problem on the phone? Surely someone else has raised this on this forum or elsewhere (e.g. eXpansys support).
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lupos0_1 wrote:
Gypsy,

Don't listen to these guys. You can buy the software only. In fact, the software is available for free on TomTom's website. It is the maps that you pay for and the activation key.
Yeah!
lupos0_1 wrote:
Can we please help this person with his problem instead of trying to find out if he has a dodgy copy. I know for a fact what Gypsy claims can be done.
Yeah!
lupos0_1 wrote:

BGF the Navigator maps and Mobile maps are exactly the same and you could use them either for mobile or navigator, so the example was not that bad.
Under other circumstances I would agree, but given TomTom's bizarre ways of selling & marketing, I wouldn't take the fact that you can buy the Navigator s/w alone, as proof that you can also buy Mobile on its own Confused
lupos0_1 wrote:

ANYBODY GOT A SOLUTION TO THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM Rolling Eyes
Looking at this thread, it may be device specific, but the OP knows that, since he's posted there Sad

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: