Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 3 Using SD Card Instead of Old CF Card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 3 Using SD Card Instead of Old CF Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jibberjabber25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: TomTom 3 Using SD Card Instead of Old CF Card Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I've been using my TomTom Navigator 3 software on my iPAQ 3950 with the expansion pack with built in GPS receiver. Now I want to store the maps on the CF card in the slot on the iPAQ itself, not on the CF card on the expansion pack.

I thought great! Just install the maps onto the CF Card from the CD. Everything works fine until I try to demonstrate a route, and then I get the error "unable to start demonstration (2)".

What's this about?

Perhaps I need to reinstall TomTom on the Pocket PC again for it to know where the data is stored on the CF card?

Any help is appreciated, I cannot work this out.
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you get the error message "unable to start demonstration" However, if when you touch the TT icon and the map appears without the error message "can't find maps" then you have succesfully loaded the maps onto the new card.
You shouldnt need to reload the application onto the PDA, if anything, all you need to do is reload the maps onto the correct card.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
MohairSofa Calendar+Today Plug-in Ver.2.5.2
Softwinter Storage Tools Ver.2.0 ppc 420
Pocket Informant 9.01 build2390
Sprite Back up Ver 6.5.4 build 16
jibberjabber25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Howard.

Sorry, I was being stupid. It was my own fault. What happened is that because the GPS was disabled, it was doing this. When I enabled the GPS, the route demo worked correctly (some bug in TT3 apparently).

Anyhow, to anyone who wants to know, when I reinstalled TT3 on the pocket PC, the application worked much more quickly from the SD card than before the re-install. I have no idea why though. However all of my favourites and settings were still there, so no worried.

Thank you again and I apologise for my sillyness once again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: