Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NAVMAN 530 POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NAVMAN 530 POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilfred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: NAVMAN 530 POI's Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how I save POI's to a SD card - I can save to the device in POI Editor but not to the SD card

Also I cannot delete POI's I have added to the device in the POI editor - am I doing something wrong?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't save Custom POIs to the memory card on the 530 but you might be able to transfer them there once they have been sent to the device. Just create the required filepath on the card and then move all the files into the new directory.

How are you attempting to delete POIs you've added? I can delete them using the POIEditor using

Device } Manage POI Files.

I delete what I don't want and then click 'Save'.
wilfred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a bit thick on this type of stuff, can you tell me how I would go about creating the file path on the card & then transferring the files.

Regarding deleting POI's, I have gone into the POI editor, clicked on the managing pOI files icon, highlighted the file, clicked on delete then ok and then yes. However when I then go back into managing poi files, the file is still there.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the problem is regarding deleting POIs. It works for me as you have described, except that my files are actually deleted.

To create the directory on your SD card, use Activesync to explore your device. Double click on Storage Card, then Navman. You should see a list of directories, Arc at the top and Topo at the bottom, and three .ini files. Right click anywhere in the window and click New Folder from the dropdown menu. Call this new directory MYPOI.

Now navigate to the original MYPOI directory on the device (My Flash Disk, Navman, Lightning, Navman, MYPOI. Select all the files and cut and paste them into your newly created directory.

This might work on the 530; I've never tried it but it did work for me on my iPAQ in the past.
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wilfred:

Could it be that your SD card is write protected? There will be small switch on the side of the card to do this.

Terry Walsh
wilfred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry

Thanks for that but I had already checked & it wasn't
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to add POI’s to SD manually and .ini still has to go on internal storage, check here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=45645&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: