Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Do Two NUVI's require TWO Speed Camera subscriptions?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Do Two NUVI's require TWO Speed Camera subscriptions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chindit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Do Two NUVI's require TWO Speed Camera subscriptions? Reply with quote

I have bought TWO Nuvi 360's as I have 2 Cars.
I paid for a download & it was OK on the first Nuvi, and it downloads 10013 POI's to the second one but nothing appears.
Why?
Do you expect me to contribute twice?
The file is in the UnZipped folder & I am using Garmin's POI Loader.
Robin Jelly
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this answers your question.Smile
Darren wrote:
tomtomgo wrote:
What about those who have two or three different brands of satnav, as some people have indicated they have, does that mean 3 subscriptions.
How many times can a person download on the monthly sub, as in if it goes tits up whilst downloading can they access the download again.
What if they sell their equipment, do they then have to fight with you guys to get the sub transferred and more importantly does the new buyer get it for free if it is locked to a specific unit.
These points spring to mind without too much delving, and you thought the database took up your time now!!!.

You will have access to the database in any format it becomes available in during an active subscription period, you will not be limited to one i.e. ov2 or .csv etc.

During the sub period you can download as many times as you choose to.

Any sub will remain with the original user, it will not be transferrable.

I can't give a full answer to your problems with loading, but have you got both units set up the same, and are you following the same procedure?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Chindit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Do Two NUVI's require TWO Speed Camera subscriptions? Reply with quote

Hi Richard,
Yes both Units are identical Nuvi 360's bought within a week of each other.
The first had the cameras downloaded by the shop and when I was delighted I ordered another from the same shop but delivered by post.
Unfortunately they forgot to download the cameras.
I Paid my £2 monthly Sub & had no trouble downloading and then getting the POILoader from the Garmin site for the second Nuvi.
My first stopped after two weeks and I assumed that was the shop's expiry date.
However my Sub is valid until the 27th August amd whilst everything seemed to download OK including saying 10013 points transferred, nothing appears on my first Nuvi.
Do I have to delete the one put on by the shop as this had a different User?
Also am I right that the 2nd will only work until the 27th August?
I thought it would stay on for ever, and then in a few months I would buy another month's download update.
Regards,
Robin
Chindit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Do Two NUVI's require TWO Speed Camera subscriptions? Reply with quote

Hi Again Richard, Darren etc,
I have looked at the first Nuvi with Windows Explorer & find there is a file as follows
nuvi\Garmin\POI\poi.gpi
which is dated today so it is on the Nuvi but not showing as the 4th line on the opening screen i.e. after
Where to?
View Map
Travel Kit
???

Aren't POI's to be showing at ??? above?
The second Nuvi isn't to hand to check but I'll get it today.
By the way the second is registered in my Brother's name as he drives that car whereas the first is registered in my name.
Is this the problem?
Regards,
Robin
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience of Nuvi's, but I see no reason why a POI File would be Device specific.

I believe that you have to load all the POI's at once, with POILoader, and it loads a new instance of poi.gpi, and overwrites all the old data.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Chindit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Do Two NUVI's require TWO Speed Camera subscriptions? Reply with quote

Thanks Richard.

Can anyone else with Two Nuvi's help Me?

Regards,
robin
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Nuvi has never had a 4th line after Where To etc, so don't know what you are expecting to see there.

Once you have downloaded the database to whichever folder you are using to store the cameras, you should be able to load it from there, using POI Loader, to as many Nuvis as you want.

To see if the cameras have successfully loaded, go to Where To, then Custom POIs, and the cameras should be listed in there.
Chindit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Solved re-Do Two NUVI's require TWO Speed Camera subs? Reply with quote

Hi All,
Thanks,
I was looking in the wrong place.
It is at bottom of Favourites on 2nd screen, & not as I thought at the bottom of the 1st "Where To?" opening screen.
It is where you say& I have it on both Nuvis.
Regards,
Robin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: