Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin i3 Speed Camera Icons...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin i3 Speed Camera Icons...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fannon87
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Garmin i3 Speed Camera Icons... Reply with quote

Hey,

Sorry if this has been answered before, iv had a look around at different topics but i just got confused.

Just got the Garmin i3 for my birthday off of my girlfriend, really pleased with it. I found out about this website and i downloaded the Garmin POI Loader software from the website. I downloaded and installed the Speed Camera Locations (i downloaded the single file and uploaded via POI Loader).

Either when i am in navigation mode, like where i just have the map on view, or when i have a specific place entered that i want to go to, the speed camera icons dont display.

Like i get the warning, but its just a little white box with a tiny black box in the middle of it. Even if i am OVER the speed limit of the camera, the icons arent displayed.

Any help would be appreciated for my noobness.... Wink, thank you!
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin i3 Speed Camera Icons... Reply with quote

Fannon87 wrote:

Either when i am in navigation mode, like where i just have the map on view, or when i have a specific place entered that i want to go to, the speed camera icons dont display.

Like i get the warning, but its just a little white box with a tiny black box in the middle of it. Even if i am OVER the speed limit of the camera, the icons arent displayed.!

Welcome to the forum,

Remove all trace of the file you have placed in the POILoader update folder.
Download either Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type.
or
Consolidated by type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera.
unzip contents of either one you choose into the POILoader folder and load to your I3 normal service will be resumed Thumbs Up

I experienced the same as you with the single file.
Fannon87
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply mate, but how do i like delete all the file i have installed with the POI Loader? Embarassed
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fannon87 wrote:
Thanks for your reply mate, but how do i like delete all the file i have installed with the POI Loader? Embarassed

When you load the consolidated or zoned the previous poi's on your I3 will be overwritten.
Fannon87
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right cheers, ill try uploading the new file the now. Thanks for your help people.
Fannon87
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i just uploaded the Speed Zoned POI's.

I unzipped them into a folder on my desktop, and then used the POI loader and uploaded them "express" way, is this ok? Also it only look about 2 seconds to install like the 10,000 odd cameras, is this normal?

Also off topic i was been wondering what is WAGG/EGNOS, i have mine just set as normal?

Thanks for the help, hopefully the speed camera issue is now solved!
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fannon87 wrote:
I unzipped them into a folder on my desktop, and then used the POI loader and uploaded them "express" way, is this ok? Also it only look about 2 seconds to install like the 10,000 odd cameras, is this normal?

Yes normal

Also off topic i was been wondering what is WAGG/EGNOS, i have mine just set as normal?

Its WAAS

EGNOS is available in the EU see link below if you actually recieve the signals from these additional satellites the accuracy increases on your GPS Unit
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGNOS
Fannon87
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help mate. I havent had a chance to check the speed cameras, but i will in the next few days.

I changed it to WAAS/EGNOS and it picked up a signal, so ill keep it on that for the time being see how it acts.

Thanks for everything Smile
funkybluecheese
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Same probs Reply with quote

I've got a similar problem with my new Garmin nuvi300. I cannot see any of the icons.

Where do i find the "Speed Zoned" and "Consolidated by type" options you mentioned? Can I use these with this unit? I only get the option to download a single file here.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to reply to funcybluecheese... he's found them in THIS topic

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: