Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How re-install all the Mio C710 Software ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How re-install all the Mio C710 Software ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viriato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: How re-install all the Mio C710 Software ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have my MIO C710 since last Tuesday and until now I'm very happy with him. But today I have a deep displeasure ! I have deleted some contacts inside the device but after some of these operations it froze. After many soft and hard reset the Contacts app anymore work (with the following errors : "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end" and a "Fatal Application Error") and Mio Map (GPS app) anymore can surpass the STARTING screen !!!
All these thinks after a week !!!
Some of you had the same experience ? Any clue ? How can I reinstall the software, if posible ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shouldn't be a problem.
1. Perform a hard reset.
2. Install the software from the red CD.
3. Re-enter your personal preferences.

Good luck.

Sal
Viriato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
This shouldn't be a problem.
1. Perform a hard reset.
2. Install the software from the red CD.
3. Re-enter your personal preferences.

Good luck.

Sal

Hi Sallyann,

I had already tried this but still didnn't solve. The Contacts app have the same problem and error messages and the Mio Map have the same behavour, the screen doesn't surpass the Starting phase and remain frozen. There are some way to install the Contacts app ? I suppose that the problem is related with this app because all these problems arrived after I Tried to delete some contacts (by the way, I import a lot of contacts from Outlook and my feeling tell me that had been some kind of "out of memory" or something like that, some memory conflict between applications and data). If I can install this app and after re-install MioMap (and the maps), I suppose that this could solve the problem. Any clue ?
Thanks a lot. Rgs.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many Outlook contacts have you put in? I have 116 at the moment and I don't have any problems when I add or remove them. Did you delete by using the PC transfer program, or some other way?
When you do a hard reset it removes all the Contact data, so it should not stop the 710 from reloading the software.

Sal
Viriato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
How many Outlook contacts have you put in? I have 116 at the moment and I don't have any problems when I add or remove them. Did you delete by using the PC transfer program, or some other way?
When you do a hard reset it removes all the Contact data, so it should not stop the 710 from reloading the software.

Sal

Hi Sal,
I transfered about 1320 contacts (upss) ! I delete each contact directly in the C710, one after one (yes I know, it was a nightmare !)
After an hard reset, when you call the Contacts app I got immediatly the error messages that I mentioned before. After this the MioMap no more work. I reloaded the MioMap sw, plus the maps, but the result was the same. I thingh that the Contact app is corrupt and by consequence something is wrong also with the MioMap sw. I don't know how reinstall the Contact app (where is the software ?). Do you know how can I do this ?

Tks a lot. Rgs.
Viriato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:

Sal

Hi Sal,

How can I delete contacts using the PC transfer program ?????
The hard reset only remove data and our customizations, but not "re-installs" the software app that came with the C710; is this correct ?

Again, thanks a lot.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viriato wrote:

Hi Sal,
The hard reset only remove data and our customizations, but not "re-installs" the software app that came with the C710; is this correct ?
Again, thanks a lot.

I think you should remove the PC Transfer program from your PC by using Windows Control Panel - Remove Programs and then reinstall it from the DVD.

Using the PC Transfer program you cannot remove separate contacts from the Mio, but when you select the "Remove items on desktop..." option it will replace all your Mio contacts with all your Outlook contacts.

You can also select the Settings menu on the Mio, then Advanced and User Data Management and then Clear Data. That should remove your Contacts.

Another way is use bluetooth to connect to the Mio as described in other threads on here, and you can then see the contacts file inside the Mio. It is called contacts.pcd and is in a folder called PIM

I hope this helps.

Sal
Viriato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
Viriato wrote:

Hi Sal,
Again, thanks a lot.

I think you should remove the PC Transfer program from your PC by using Windows Control Panel - Remove Programs and then reinstall it from the DVD.

Using the PC Transfer program you cannot remove separate contacts from the Mio, but when you select the "Remove items on desktop..." option it will replace all your Mio contacts with all your Outlook contacts.

You can also select the Settings menu on the Mio, then Advanced and User Data Management and then Clear Data. That should remove your Contacts.

Another way is use bluetooth to connect to the Mio as described in other threads on here, and you can then see the contacts file inside the Mio. It is called contacts.pcd and is in a folder called PIM

I hope this helps.

Sal

Hi Sal,

after the first hard reset the contact data were erased from Mio. For sure. The problem is that the Contact app no more work. I tried now your suggestion (remove PC Transfer and reload it again) but this not restore the software base from MIO. In another words, it didn't reinstall the Contact.exe (where the MIO say that there are a problem...). The MioMap still continue to be frozen...I think tomorrow I will return the equipment to the vendor for the MIO support. Thnks a lot. Rgs
Viriato
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viriato wrote:
Sallyann wrote:
Viriato wrote:

Hi Sal,
Again, thanks a lot.

I hope this helps.

Sal

Hi Sal,

after the first hard reset the contact data were erased from Mio. For sure. The problem is that the Contact app no more work. I tried now your suggestion (remove PC Transfer and reload it again) but this not restore the software base from MIO. In another words, it didn't reinstall the Contact.exe (where the MIO say that there are a problem...). The MioMap still continue to be frozen...I think tomorrow I will return the equipment to the vendor for the MIO support. Thnks a lot. Rgs

Hi Sal,

I talked this morning with MIO Support Center and the solution for my problem is....return the equipment to MIO.
Somewhere during the delete phase of contacts (probably the main reason), the MIO software deleted some unexpected Contacts aa software (yes, this couldn't be happened) that affected also the MioMap software. The only thing to do is returning the device to Mio in order to solve the problem.

Anyway, thanks for your clues.
Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: