Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP! Need a Sat Nav!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! Need a Sat Nav!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonzey20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: HELP! Need a Sat Nav! Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I've just joined this site today and I was wondering if some could give me some advice on the best Sat Navs to buy.

I've already started having a looking round the internet but i'm not very technical so the jargon can be overwhelming.

Basically I want something simple to use and install and not cost me an 'arm and a leg'! Got any ideas???
Rolling Eyes
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can only be one !

Basically any Tomtom. If you want the best then spend around £420 on the top of the range Go 910.

You wont be sorry with any of the current models.

Cleggy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets look at a wish list first off all you say simple to use and very expensive;
Is it for use in a car, or do you intend walking with it?
Do you want speed camera alerts, if so should they be visible, or audio visible, or do you want the unit to issue a spoken alert warning you of the speed limit for that particular camera?
Do you want a PDA based system, a standalone system or would you consider sat nav on a phone?
I know its alot of questions, but sat nav is something that is very difficult to say what is right for any one individual, what is right for me you may hate etc. - Mike
Safoora1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've got the same problem as me. If you want something easy and simple to use then the Tom Tom One is literally the 'One'.

I’ve just bought the Tom Tom One and it’s really great to get yourself around the UK…although the battery life is not as good as the others. However the best thing about it is that’s it’s really simple to install and use.

I got mine from Currys for £194.99! The reason why it’s cheaper than what some people have posted is because of this site called ‘findsatnavdeals’ (just search it in google) which someone recommended to me.

If you go to the website they have compared the prices and offers from all major stores and the reason why my Tom Tom One was soo cheap was because I got a £20 discount by using their special promotional code which is exclusive to the site.

The site also gives you the stock availability for each store and they say they update it daily so you not disappointed if they don’t have it stock because they’ve already found out for you.

One of my friends has bought the Garmin Nuvi 300 and she likes it better because of its design but I prefer my Tom Tom One. She bought hers from Currys for £229.98 which included the £9.99 delivery but I told her that I saw it on the ‘findsatnavdeals’ website for £219.97 from SatNav2u and she was gutted because she could have saved some money!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: