Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PLEASE HELP !!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE HELP !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leebekier
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP !!! Reply with quote

Where can i get points of interest for scotland?? there is hardly any for likes of arbroath, dundee, montrose etc.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends a lot on what types of POI you are looking for. In most POI's the locations cover GB and are not Town Specific.

When I create a POI it will cover, where it's applicable, all areas in GB.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
leebekier
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi richard,

listen one thing mate, thanks ever so much in replying i feel like im hitting my head off of a brick wall. Ive sent Navman at least 8 emails regarding this and not one had been replied on the poi's in scotland.

I cant get any carparks coming up in like montrose or arbroath (where im from) this is really bad coz if i go up north with my lass to visit castles etc its not going to help me one bit.
Its a wonder a lot of people feel the same way about this as i do, surelly loads of people have navmans and are in the same awkward situation as me.
Im looking for likes of car parks, tesco stores, restraunts, kfc, halfords, asda ... the list goes on Laughing Out Loud
there must be something that can be done, if there isnt then it looks like im going to have to take the navman 530 back as it will be useless up north.

also one over thing richard, when will Navman be updating there maps (cost)? As when i was travellling to dundee from arbroath the arrow started jumping about the place as the new road (1 year old) isnt on the navman, so was a few other areas in dundee.

some problems to look at there richard, and many thanks for the reply once again, at least im kinda getting some answers Laughing Out Loud

Wink
leebekier
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest aswell richard im really interested in getting all the car parks in scotland available on my navman coz at the moment when you press the (p) nothing comes up, which is drastically wrong coz you pay extra for that function.

Maybe they should put on the box or on the website that "not all areas are covered ...esp Scotland"

Laughing Out Loud

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: