Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Speed Camera Audible Warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Speed Camera Audible Warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulAdams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: TomTom One Speed Camera Audible Warnings Reply with quote

Hi all

I have just purchased the excellent TomTom One and have subscribed to the Speed Camera Database and also downloaded the superb audible warnings. Everything seems fine and my One advises me when approaching a camera

This will sound very silly to the experienced out there but I only get an audible warning of "red light" when approaching every camera! Can I change this to warn me of all the different variants of camera?

Sorry again if I am being a newbie but I can't work this one out in the heat!

Many thanks

PA
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Have you configured the "warn When Near POI" correctly? - you will find this in Preferences/ Manage POI each camera needs to be set-up in its own right, to listen to the warnings press the test button to hear the alert, if wrong select a different sound, note the names of the alerts will still contain there original names.
If the above isn't applicable which database option did you download? there are three types, my choice is the Speed Zoned set which comprises of 24 camera files, it sometimes helps a begineer to write them down and tick each one off as you configure them - Mike
PaulAdams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: TomTom One Speed Camera Audible Warnings Reply with quote

Thanks Mike I will try out your suggestions

PA
PaulAdams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: TomTom One Speed Camera Audible Warnings Reply with quote

Mike

That seems to have fixed it! I had downloaded all three databases and picked up the first one with the single camera file, silly me. I have now gone back to the zipped files and copied over all the cameras onto my One. I then went through all of the cameras (even the ones that don't have a sound allocated to them yet) and linked them into the warning notifications

I shall try them on my way home tonight

Thank you very much for your help

PA
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, just one other thing, if you have installed the single camera POI file in addition to the speed zoned files you will probably get two warnings, I would have a dig around on the memory card in the map folder and delete the files pocketgps_uk_sc.bmp and pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2 as these are the two files pertaining to the single file version.
Or you can delete this POI from within TomTom go to preferences/ Manage POI/ Delete POI Category find the "pocketgps uk sc" in the list and delete it this way - Mike
PaulAdams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: TomTom One Speed Camera Audible Warnings Reply with quote

Sorry Mike I forgot to mention I deleted those two files before loading the full set of cameras. They all worked fine on the way home from work

Many thanks again

PA

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: