Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Western Europe Maps on SD (TT1) - questions/comments
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Europe Maps on SD (TT1) - questions/comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shashu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Western Europe Maps on SD (TT1) - questions/comments Reply with quote

Hi all,
This is my first post, although I have already gained lots of nutritious information from these forums. After a long and painful process I have finally got MOWE working on my Tomtom ONE. I have purchased the download from Tomtom.com and have plus maps of all the countries.

I initially purchased a 2gb Sandisk card from an eBay seller for £25 (which I collected). To my dismay the card did not work in the Tomtom, I fiddled around with formatting it and searched the forums for help but the Tomtom clearly would not read the card. I have now bought a Sandisk 1gb Ultra SD and this works fine in the Tomtom, and am currently loading MOWE onto the card (unfortunately they will not all fit). The new card cost £55.00 from Jessops. I am now unsure whether 2gb SD cards work in the Tomtom or I just have issues with my specific card (Chinese, like most of the cheap Sandisk cards available on eBay). The card works OK in computer card readers. Can anyone offer advice on my position with the card (i.e. can I use the warranty for a replacement etc?) - current plans are to resell this on eBay. Can anyone verify 2gb cards with Tomtom ONE? (I have had trouble finding many posts which shed light on this).

This method of getting the European maps cost me £135.00 - or £160.00 with the useless 2gb card I now have. Furthermore I don't have a card that I can fit the complete MOWE onto. In hindsight I wish I would have bought the product on preloaded SD for £150.00

Hope my insight helps anyone in the same situation. I bought these maps solely because I am driving to France and Switzerland on Tuesday so I hope I dont regret spending 1/10th of this cost on paper maps! Finally Have a few questions if anyone might be able to advise:
1. Will the maps that I have access to download (Europe) be updated in due course (I have access to download them for a year from yesterday).
2. I did not download a specific map of the Alps as there were none available (I will be using the device to travel there). I am correct in assuming this is covered under France?
3. Am I restricted to updating my Tomtom with the downloaded maps from the computer I initially downloaded them to? (I downloaded the files onto my girlfriends computer, copied them to an external disk (ipod) and tried to install them from my own computer. But when I launched the setup file I was not given the option to install the maps in the program. I came back to my girlfriends computer, extracted the original files and I could install the plus maps.)

Chris.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. highly likely. They really should come out with more than one update during that period.

2. The alps are also in Austria,Germany, and Italy... But if you drive just through France and Switzerland with clearly defined border crossings it should suffice to have the France and Switzerland maps.

3. The downloads are not bound to the desktop computer, just to the user login. So you're ok here too.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: