Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN510 Speed Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN510 Speed Camera Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFathers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN510 Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I download the speed camera database for the NAVMAN ICN510, will it contain just Gatso's or does it also contain Truvelo's, SPECS, Mobile etc etc

Thanks in advance.

B
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BrettFathers,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

There are currently five main categories in the PGPSW camera database; some of the main categories are also subdivided into speed related sites. The main categories are:

Arrow Gatso: Fixed camera locations. I.e. mainly Gatso and Truvelo speed cameras.
Arrow Mobile: Locations where Safety Partnership camera vans and police regularly check your speed.
Arrow Redlight: Traffic light cameras
Arrow Temp: Temporary camera installations, e.g. Road works.
Arrow SPECS: Also called Section cameras. This uses digital cameras that photograph your vehicle and number plate as you pass each camera. The system then automatically calculates your average speed over the section (distance divided by time).

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the options when to go to the download page (after you have selected Navman) are:
Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type. - i.e 24 seperate database files

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type. - i.e. 1 file

Consolidated by type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera. i.e. 5 files.

As the instructions say, it is up to you which of these variants you decide to use.
BrettFathers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Very much appreciated for the quick and sharp responses.

Cheers

Brett
BrettFathers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very quick response.

B

Privateer wrote:
Hi BrettFathers,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

There are currently five main categories in the PGPSW camera database; some of the main categories are also subdivided into speed related sites. The main categories are:

Arrow Gatso: Fixed camera locations. I.e. mainly Gatso and Truvelo speed cameras.
Arrow Mobile: Locations where Safety Partnership camera vans and police regularly check your speed.
Arrow Redlight: Traffic light cameras
Arrow Temp: Temporary camera installations, e.g. Road works.
Arrow SPECS: Also called Section cameras. This uses digital cameras that photograph your vehicle and number plate as you pass each camera. The system then automatically calculates your average speed over the section (distance divided by time).

Regards,
BrettFathers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the very quick response.

B

Andy_P2002 wrote:
And the options when to go to the download page (after you have selected Navman) are:
Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type. - i.e 24 seperate database files

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type. - i.e. 1 file

Consolidated by type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera. i.e. 5 files.

As the instructions say, it is up to you which of these variants you decide to use.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to BrettFathers.

Don't waste your time downloading the speed zoned files for a 510.
I've had 2 520's (the first one being returned because p.89 of the manual says you can have 25 active POI's and whatever you do to that unit you can't get more than 16 active at any one time. Not much use when you need 23 active for the speed zoned files).
You will be better off using the 5 files that are 'consolidated by type'.

CeeJay
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFathers, do attempt to put the speedzoned files on your 510 if they are the ones you want as it might not be a waste of time at all. I have in the past successfully transferred the (23 at the time, IIRC) files onto 510s and 520s. I currently have the 24 files on a 635, a 550 and a 530. They are all active on each device, which means that you can have more than 16 active files at any one time.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Not much use when you need 23 active for the speed zoned files).
You will be better off using the 5 files that are 'consolidated by type'.

CeeJay

Also if you *are* limited in POI categories (or simply don't want/need speed-zoned redlight etc.), don't forget you could use just the speed-zoned Gatso and Mobile sections, and the "by type" files for everything else.
It means two downloads (and irritatingly you will now need to rename the second one as all versions of the zip archive are now all given the same name) but it's easy to do.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: