Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another software update quirk.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another software update quirk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Another software update quirk. Reply with quote

I too have just upgraded the software on my 360 and have noticed the following. Previously when playing through a list of MP3s, if the unit was switched off, upon turning back on it would continue playing from the point you left it.

With the new software update, when switching the unit back on now, it reverts back to play the first track in the list rather than remembering where it was. It's a minor irritation, but I preferred it the way it was.
12ush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: I have this problem with the 310 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem as Sorarse with the play list reverting back and since I spend a lot of time in and out of the car I find this more than a little frustrating. I have also noticed that the "random" play feature also doesn't work.

I am using Software version 2.50 and would like to revert it back to 2.40 which seemed to work fine. Can someone please help with some instructions.

I made a copy of all the files on the unit before I did the upgrade.

I have emailed Garmin and am still waiting on a responce to this issue.

Thanks.
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting, as I have not had the problem you describe with the random play function.

I too e-mailed Garmin about this one, but have not had a response so far either.
12ush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sorarse, my mistake about the Random, just tested it and it was just that it started with the same first song in the "view all" play list that made it seem like it wasn't doing anything... Who knows?.

I would like to see an MP3 player that functions more like Winamp for example. The early versions were not very CPU intensive and it would make this one sweet GPS.

Or maybe they could open up the source for the player and let the community do it for them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: