Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New sat nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New sat nav

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: New sat nav Reply with quote

I have just installed TomTom 5 onto my Ipaq 3660 and am having problem with POIwarner which was running great with my old medion program. Are these two programs compatable? I'm not sure if Tomtom 5 has its own POI system and if so how do I get the latest speed cameras on there, I reaaly dont want to buy them as I have paid for the Warner stuff and it used to update everytime I connected the IPAQ to the craddle.

Cheers Rob

PS hope this was in the right place to post Smile
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youll need to get the tomtom version of poi warner the cameras from theis site can only be obtained by becoming a subscriber the cost is 19pounds peryear or 2 pounds permonth also the tomtom5 has its own in built poi warning system

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that POI edit?

I have downloaded ov2 & BMP files from the warner site which are free to me because I've already registered and paid for them. Can I use these files with TomTom if so do I still need the TomTom POI warner thing? or can I use the inbuilt one that comes with the software.

I one thats installed doesnt let you use voice files and comes with bells and dongs for warning of POI's.

thanks for the help mate.

rob
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the one that is part of the tomtom program does have bells and other things but these can be changed to real voice warnings form the this below also there is a data.chk the file that contains warning can be extended to ge more warning all the instruction are at the site below

[/url]http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/

if the poi files are in ov2 format then they can be used directly from with in tomtom if you need to convert any files then youll need to use poiedit[/url]

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok found the web page and got the free poi software for the tomtom and it seems to work, I am having real problems getting the voice stuff sorted on the link you gave me.

I have a version 5.000 (4890) but any voice file I get and put in any folder doesn't seem to work. I assume I have a pocket pc so need the Navigator PPC V5.0 build 4890 for my Ipaq and it goes in the navigator folder on the Ipaq?

I hope that made some sort of sense

Rob
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly have you re-named the downloaded file to data.chk as supplied it will contain additional text in front of the required name. Also before you do this make sure you have re-named the original data.chk file located in Program Files/ Navigator folder (I use Old_data.chk, this way you can easily revert back to the bongs and bells).

Once you have the new file in the correct location soft reset the device, this will reset the unit and will NOT erase any data from the unit.

Fire up TomTom and configure your warnings in Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn when near POI (use the "Test" button to listen to the sounds as they will still carry the old names of Bell 1 etc). You will need to configure each alert in its own right, write them down and tick each one off as you go.

Should you want to increase the number of warnings from 15 to 30, then you can use POIExtend, this application also has the benefit of re-naming the warnings so they display a more logical tittle -

Its up to you, to start with I would sugest you stick to one of the pre-configured warning sets, then try creating your own if you feel confident - Mike
Hobbesy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mike,

Could have done with that info last night :D I worked out with trail and error what you just explained to me. Took me ages to figure out the sounds changed but the name didn't Rolling Eyes

I am using the site alex gave me the link to, and a poi editor off this site that updates evrytime I connect the Ipaq to the craddle. I wrote down all the sounds to the right names and everythings great now.

Many thanks guys

rob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: