Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Doesn't seem to be happening
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Doesn't seem to be happening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stpeg47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Doesn't seem to be happening Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm using a Dell Axim and Tom Tom 5 - Great Britain maps. It's a default load, so the existing POI are the ones that loaded with it.
Via download and unzip, I've downloaded two databases - I thought the all-inclusive would be the easiest, as I try to drive slowly, and want to enable the audible warning when approaching any cameras. That failed to work, so I downloaded the database which includes the different camera types separately.
I've copied and pasted into Great_Britain-Map/Great_Britain on my SD card where I placed the map.
However, I am unable to find anything to enable in my points of interest, apart from those POI that have always been there.
Should I do something else?
Peter
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on a limit as to how many poi's you can have try takeing some of the ones you dont want off the card and then see .
DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP FIRST
stpeg47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for replying. Yes, as I installed the Camera Database, I was told I had a full SD card. I deleted some shop and ATM stuff - I only ever use railway stations in POI as quick fixes to get me moving or to obtain estimated milages, but some of the POI seem to supply routing information, so I only delete them when I have to. I then started again, replying "no" to overwriting existing files - for speed.
Peter
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to activate the "warn when near" facility - you will find it in change preferences/ manage POIs.

Choose each of the camera databases in turn set the distance you want to warned at (normally higher speeds = longer distances) and the sound you want to use. Then on the next page UNTICK the warn only when on routebox and hit OK

Repeat for each camera type and away you go.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
stpeg47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,
Thank you again.
Yes, this is what I wanted to do, but none of the camera databases appear in that window. There are many categories in that window, ranging from "airport" to "zoo" but no cameras - or did I miss them? There is "camping grounds" and various "car ....." things - and "places of worship" and "post offices" but nothing that seems relevant. As I said, I don't want to delete too many POI, as some of them seem to have route significance.
Peter
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cams should be called pocketgps as you look down list if there make sure there ticked then do as peterc said if not try rebooting system
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, you can only install 39 custom POI's to establish how many you have on the device open up the memory card in Windows Explorer and check for files with an .ov2 file extension (these are the custom POI's) if there are more than 39 then you will need to reduce the qty. Also I noticed you have used copy/ Paste to put the database onto the Memory card, this may seem a basic question but did you unzip the downloaded file first? - this has happened a number of times hence the reason to mention it - Mike
stpeg47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Will go and count. Yes I did unzip them. I may have a problem with Autosync. Thank you again for help thus far.
Peter

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: