Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 910 USA/CANADA maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 910 USA/CANADA maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepperwhitemini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 910 USA/CANADA maps Reply with quote

Hello :D - just some quick questions on the 910 which I bought today. For the USA/Canada maps will they automatically show up when I'm over there or can I browse them in the UK Question Or do I need to use the product codes on the "credit" card to be able to access them? I wanted to get an idea of some of the journeys I have planned in the US so it would be good to be able to look at the distances/journeys before I get there.

Also is there any way of checking if the battery is fully charged?

BTW - I was trying out the Bluetooth functionality on the phone and it looks like our two phones which aren't listed on the TomTom website actually work with it - one is an Orange M5000 and the other a Samsung D900.

Thanks for your help in advance.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view a different map go to Change preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch Map then select one from the list (North America in this case), now you need to tap the Browse Map icon to view the map and zoom in/ out or drag the map to your chosen area (or use the find option at the bottom of the Map browser screen, then tap address followed by City Centre).

If your phone works with the 910 then use it, the fact that it isn't on the compatability list only means TomTom have not tried it as yet.

For a battery strength check, tap the sat strength meter (lower right of the display) this will show a battery symbol top RH which shows the charge strength.

Welcome to the forum - Mike
pepperwhitemini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - thanks for the tips - getting somewhere now. The product code card - do I need to register both European and N America codes separately on the TomTom website or not at all? On the website it says "For products containing a product code the device codes and activation codes are retrieved automatically". Do you know if the 910 contains this info already? I have been on the website to download updates.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enter the codes within my profile on the TomTom site, if nothing else you have a seperate stored location for your codes, Keep the card safe, You can simply select a map that is installed to the device and use it without messing around with the codes though.

For updates you should simply dock the 910 to the PC (which should be connected to the net), TomTom Home will start on the PC and look for any applicable updates / versions etc - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: