Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - StreetPilot i3 Unit Setting accidentaly change
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

StreetPilot i3 Unit Setting accidentaly change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: StreetPilot i3 Unit Setting accidentaly change Reply with quote

Hello folks. I recently had just bought a StreetPilot i3. The item comes with CD-ROM version 7.01. Out from the box It was able to show map view i.q a street names etc.. I noticed the garmins website thier download/update section. I downloaded thier WebUpdater software and downloaded some file onto the unit. I noticed the changes especialy the Map View I couldnt view the names of street. Right now im showing 3.0 in my unit. Is there any way to restore the unit to Manufaturer Settings?
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: StreetPilot i3 Unit Setting accidentaly change Reply with quote

donis wrote:
Hello folks. I recently had just bought a StreetPilot i3. The item comes with CD-ROM version 7.01. Out from the box It was able to show map view i.q a street names etc.. I noticed the garmins website thier download/update section. I downloaded thier WebUpdater software and downloaded some file onto the unit. I noticed the changes especialy the Map View I couldnt view the names of street. Right now im showing 3.0 in my unit. Is there any way to restore the unit to Manufaturer Settings?

Welcome to the forum Donis,

The firmware you are using should not have any effect on this function on your I3

In mapview mode just turn the thumb wheel to zoom in/out to show more detail (street names).

Also it settings you can select Map then Map Detail, normal is the default try selecting More .

Finaly if you are intent on downgrading the firmware then i would suggest going back to 2.70 (pity you had not seen the out of the box version you had) all versions are available here

http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/streetpilot/sp_ix/
donis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: No Street Names Reply with quote

I tried those settings. I have had a good experience when I tried the unit after removing it from the box. I made some changes the map view section, map details and everything went perefectly fine. I was able to view the streets, names etc.. The unit shows the following food, hotel, lodging and etc... And also I was able to browse those local stores, malls, and lots more. Not after I downloaded that darn WebUpdater in my computer. Right now my StreetPilot i3 unit software is version 3.10. But the map software that im using is version 7.01.
donis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: StreetPilot i3 sucks Reply with quote

Hey I tried the version 2.70. Im getting a message "no updates are available for your product" Any alternative?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: