Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 910 and Nokia 6230
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 910 and Nokia 6230

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 910 and Nokia 6230 Reply with quote

This question is for anyone with a bluetooth TTG (especially the 910) and a Nokia 6230 phone.

I notice somewhere that the Nokia 6230 does not display its contact information on the TTG 910 but that the Nokia 6230i does. Is that actually the case? Have anyone been able to see contact information on the TTG when connected to a Nokia 6230?

Thanks,
pedron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Pedro,

The 6230 works with the 700 fine - you just need to save all your contacts to the SIM card and not the phone memory.

Just one point - if you intend to use the 700 as a handfree it's not that good and you may be disappointed so I would try one first.

I hope this answers your question.

In future could I ask that you register with Pocket GPS World and either PM me through there or post on the forums.
Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris. Again thank you for your reply. The reason why i was asking about this is that if you look at the Tomtom site at http://www.tomtom.com/phones/? under Nokia 6230 you'll find a table that shows that for the TTG 700 and 910 contact list is not supported. However, according to the same site the Nokia 6230i does have contact list support for the TTG 700 and 910. That's why i wanted to find out if this was actually the case from an actual user.

So what i'm understanding then is that if i save all my contact information on the SIM card then it should work and i should be able to access the contact list from the TTG 700 and 910 and make hand-free calls, correct?

Yes i have heard that the TTG 700 is not very good when it comes to hand-free calls. I'm hoping that the 910 (which is what i am thinking of getting) will be better with its provided external microphone. Can anybody on this forum confirms that the TTG 910 does hand-free calls without any problems?

Thank you all for your most valuable opinions.
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pedro,

And Welcome to the forum Wink

As I said earlier in our conversation....

The 6230 works with the 700 fine - you just need to save all your contacts to the SIM card and not the phone memory.

Just one point - if you intend to use the 700 as a handfree it's not that good and you may be disappointed so I would try one first.

Also......

I have heard that the 910 is no better at handling calls than the 700 - but I'm sure somebody with a 910 can confirm that for you.

Hope this helps....

Chris
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with the 910 and Bluetooth to the Orange SPVc600, although I am using the supplied external microphone as the built in one just isn't up to the job, probably too far away to be of much use, the external one is clipped to the trim above the drives door and is fine in use. - Mike
pedron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is what i was referring to ealier. Without the external microphone the 910 is probably just as bad as the 700 when it comes to handsfree communication, as Chris pointed out.

Anyway thank you for clearing this up. Between yours and Chris' answers i think i have a bit more confidence with getting the 910 now since i don't intent to get another phone. I was seriously considering the Nuvi 360 if my Nokia 6230 didn't do contacts with the 910.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: