Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rakaline X7 with Ipaq H5550 on win 2003
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rakaline X7 with Ipaq H5550 on win 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Rakaline X7 with Ipaq H5550 on win 2003 Reply with quote

Can anyone help with the following?

I have an iPAQ H5550 with win CD4.2 and the Rakaline X7 bluetooth GPS. I cant get the iPAQ to pair with the X7, I did as far as having to enter the passkey, but "1234" didn't work, say "Authentication Failed"

Furthermore, I have only got to this stage once, and then I got the following message under the header of "BRWizardProfile" "This device doesn't offer any usuable services. Please enable any desired services on that device or choose another one".

I have tried all the steps in the post from Rikaline UK, with little effect.

Any Ideas ????

Cheers

Wingnuts
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the Rikaline X7 but AFAIK the passkey is 1234. Other default keys tend to be 0000 or 0183 from other manufacturers. You should see a Serial SPP profile. If you aren't getting this, see in your BT Manager if there is an entry already, if there is, delete it for the X7 and then power cycle the X7 and soft reset the iPAQ and try again.
Wingnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Procedure Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I am very new to this, and I think that I am doing this correctly.

However, this is the procedure that I am doing, maybe you could tell me if I am doing this correctly?

Start - bluetooth manager - new - connect - Explore a bluetooth device - next - (no device detected) tap to choose a device - Turn on X7 so that blue lights are flashing - iPAQ doesn't detect the X7.

Can you advise me if this is the correct procedure?

If not, then please tell me what I should be doing.............

I am in the UK, if I gave out my mobile would someone call me to help?

TIA

Wingnuts
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you switch the X7 on before you start the process of going into the Bluetooth Manager on the Pocket PC otherwise you probably won't see it.
Wingnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Still no joy. Reply with quote

Dave, thanks for your advise to date, but all I get is that it is looking for the GPS, but no further. In the past it has seen the X7, but it is very hit and miss.

Any idea's?

Regards

Wingnuts
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I have seen where it won't see the GPS is when it is already showing in the BT Manager screen in which case you need to delete it and retry the new connection.

If you are not seeing it in the BT Manager then you may have a faulty GPS or it's low on battery. It shouldn't be a hit and miss process, you should see it there everytime you try to create a new connection (providing you haven't already created a connection to it).
Wingnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

Dave,

I notice that you are in the UK, would you mind if I called you to talk me through it. I understand if you would prefer to keep this in the forum only.

Please let me know as this is driving me MAD.

Wingnuts
Wingnuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: X7 Conclusion. Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your help to date.

I have downloaded all available updates for the TomTom and iPAQ H5550 and still the bluetooth manager cannot see the X7.

Do you think that the X7 is Faulty, as this seems to be the only conclusion?

Kind regards

Jason
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid we can't give personal one to one support.

a) because it costs us both time and money in making the call where as forum posts are quite quick

b) we can't give out our own details because we'd get a flock of people calling us up and asking to come round and have us to configure the device for them.

I hope you understand, nothing personal, but we are all pretty busy writing and reviewing products, we have about 20 products in review at present and this takes up a good 90% of our time.

I've sent you a PM (Private Message), take a look as I have included there a pre-release article on how to configure Bluetooth. It's not properly finished as it hasn't hit editorial yet for proof reading etc, but give that a try and let me know if it helps. If it doesn't then you probably have a faulty GPS and I would arrange for it to be sent back to the retailer.

If you haven't used Private Messaging before, you can access it via the main forum home page at the top of the page (or via this link).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: