Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Visual and Audible Warning in Camera DB Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual and Audible Warning in Camera DB Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Visual and Audible Warning in Camera DB Question Reply with quote

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but could find anywhere else.

Trying to assess the camera DB. Loaded it tonight and installed it on my PDA with TT5. Set the warning distance to be 500 yds and only on the route.

Did advanced planning to try it over a route that I use daily. Manchester M60 ring road. M60 Junction 2 to M60 Junction 11 Clockwise.

There are several temporary cameras set up to cover the road widening scheme. The speed limit is 40 MPH both clockwise(Northbound) and anticlockwise (southbound). These appear on the map, as I hoped.

North bound cameras are:-

TEMP:11989@40
TEMP:11985@40
TEMP:11849@40
TEMP:10388@40

Running a route demo, I get the alarm warning of approaching the camera and a visual display of the distance but no indication of the speed limit either by sound or visually on the screen. I hoped that at least on the screen it would show me the speed limit.

Am I expecting too much or am I doing something wrong? I will be getting a TT Go 910 in the next few weeks, so there may be different possibilities then.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
SatMap
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read further. Think I should be trying out the Speed Zoned version arther than the all in one. I'll try again.

Thanks.
SatMap
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have done that you will find that you are still restricted to TT's silly warning noises. To get proper free voice warnings, related to the camera type and speed limit, try looking at Ray Flanagan's excellent site http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, unless it has changed in this month's version (which I haven't downloaded yet) you will find that ALL temporary cameras are grouped together, so cannot have the speed icons or warnings assigned to them.

As there are so many tempporary ones now, could I make a suggestion to Pocket GPS World that they be integrated into the speed-zoned set from now on? As the database management improves, surely this could be done without any problems?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: