Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 520 Speed camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 520 Speed camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaz61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Navman 520 Speed camera database Reply with quote

Hi i have a Navman 520 Sat Nav, and i am wanting to download the speed camera databases. Can someone tell me which one of the three types do i need to download and use ?? I have also tried to follow the self guide help on this site for the Navman and when i unzip the files i end up with a load of files. It says name the file in the POI editor and when i copy each file into it, it wants to overwrite the file. Can someone tell me how i overcome this because it would take me ages to put loads of files onto my sat nav. Sorry for coming across as stupid but i am not technically minded. Smile
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman 520 Speed camera database Reply with quote

gaz61 wrote:
Hi i have a Navman 520 Sat Nav, and i am wanting to download the speed camera databases.Can someone tell me which one of the three types do i need to download and use ??

I have also tried to follow the self guide help on this site for the Navman and when i unzip the files i end up with a load of files. It says name the file in the POI editor and when i copy each file into it, it wants to overwrite the file. Can someone tell me how i overcome this because it would take me ages to put loads of files onto my sat nav. Sorry for coming across as stupid but i am not technically minded. Smile

1. The files you need for your Navman are the ones called "UK - Consolidated by type" When you download this zipped file and unzip them you should end up with 13 files - the Help file, the Licence and notes plus 5 asc files and five bmp files. The latter are the pictures of the cameras. The asc are the different files camera types - Gatso, Mobile, Specs, Redlight and Temp.

2. When you have to 'name the file', it refers to the camera type - I simple use the name of the camera type ie 'Gatso' so that is what appears on your Navman screen when you are warned of that type of camera - you can use whatever name you like so long as it is limited to 8 characters.

I am not sure what you mean by the SmartST Desktop wanting to overwrite the files - pls clarify and I will try to help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: