Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SD card upgrades for TT One
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SD card upgrades for TT One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfs227
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: SD card upgrades for TT One Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 512mb to replace the 128 card in my TT One. After coping the 128 card onto the 512 card and inserting it into the unit it would not accept the new card. After much hassel and a call to the TT Service Desk, the fault was discovered. The new card MUST be rated AT LEAST 10mbp/s. Those cheap large cards are not compatable as most are rated a 2-5mbp/s
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: SD card upgrades for TT One Reply with quote

mfs227 wrote:
I recently purchased a 512mb to replace the 128 card in my TT One. After coping the 128 card onto the 512 card and inserting it into the unit it would not accept the new card. After much hassel and a call to the TT Service Desk, the fault was discovered. The new card MUST be rated AT LEAST 10mbp/s. Those cheap large cards are not compatable as most are rated a 2-5mbp/s

Have you confirmed that by using a different card that you know is rated at 10MB ?
The card in my 300 is rated as 2Mb and is fine.

Tw
MR_TiGGer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the TT1 being both newer and faster (I understand) may require a faster transfer rate??
I'm sure TT would know, but it's really good info as I've only just recieved my TT1 and was thinking the same, either half or a full one gig, save ever doing it again Rolling Eyes
mfs227
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: SD card upgrades for TT One Reply with quote

Tumbleweed wrote:
mfs227 wrote:

Have you confirmed that by using a different card that you know is rated at 10MB ?
The card in my 300 is rated as 2Mb and is fine.

Tw

I noticed you have the 300. I don't think this applies to that model, however I did install a new card rated at 20mbp/s (512)and it worked great. The cpu in the TT One is faster than the 300 so guess that is where the difference is.
mfs227
mfs227
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR_TiGGer wrote:
Maybe the TT1 being both newer and faster (I understand) may require a faster transfer rate??
I'm sure TT would know, but it's really good info as I've only just recieved my TT1 and was thinking the same, either half or a full one gig, save ever doing it again Rolling Eyes

Thats great, plus you will have room to add anything else you want. I have the full camera download with the different camera catagorys and will add the 7 didget post code search when I can find it.

Regards, mfs227
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfs277 - if you've got a TT One, you should have the full postcode search already. Are you looking on the SECOND page of the "Navigate to..." menu, where "Postcode" is, don't try to enter it in "Address".
MR_TiGGer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup the 7 Digit postcode search is the reason I went for TT one .... and it fits in the pocket too of course.

You already set to "Do that seach" Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: