Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I'm back
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: I'm back Reply with quote

Hello People, again.

I have just spent the last few hours trying to work out what the best version of the DB to use.

The single file and consolidated DB's work fine but when I use the speed zoned DB, it tries to display the speed icons but only shows me the red circle and not the speed.

Is this a CP6 problem or am I doing something wrong. I have tried to reinstall the DB and have redownloaded the file a couple of times but will try again.

What am I doing wrong? I would really like to use this version of the DB?

Cheers for any help

Tom

[/list]
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know CP6 but assuming it works like my GPS, try these:
1) There should be one .bmp icon (picture) file for each camera file. It must have exactly the same name (apart from the .bmp extension of course)

2) Any paint program should be able to display them on your computer. Have a look at what you've got in the download package, and also what has been installed on your unit.

Incidently, if you want icons for the mobile sites that are also a red circle with the speed inside and the word "Mobile" underneath, I made some up and they used to be bundled in the download, but not any more Sad . You can still get them from Ray's site HERE
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,

I've downloaded both sets of pics from you the link, cheers.

Sheepy's set works perfectly Smile but Ray's set behave exactly like the pocketgps world set.

I'm using a Dell x51v and WM5, so I don't know if thats creating probs?
I'll compare the files that worked to the ones that didn't and post back the results.

One out of three ain't to bad Confused Wonder

Cheers

Tom
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right guys,

I spent a good few hours last night mucking around the camera icons and I could not see any difference between the one that worked and the ones that didn't. I even tried to design my own, firstly I redesigned the gatso icons and they worked fine but when I installed them along with the other redesigned icons they stoppped working (they still displayed but only square the same colour as the background of the icon) but i'm still getting the warnings???

would it be possible for some other people to point to some links where I might be able to download some other camera icons for testing?

Cheers

Tom
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wish I could edit my posts.

I have notice that all the camera icons are displayed correctly when I go to the POI Alerts settings menu but on the main map. This to me is very strange as they are not displayed correctly on the main map but CP6 is clearly capable of displaying them????????????? Confused Confused

Anyone got any ideas why this may be happening??

Cheers

Tom
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this on smartphone I wonder if is the size of .bmp have you tried reducing the size

if any of the other cp6 users have this problem could please post here

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply,

I spoke to ALK yesterday about this prob (spent about 20 mins trying to get the guy to understand, think he was French or putting on a bloody stupid accent and at the end he didn't even know what size or how many colours the icons should be.

So off he went to ask someone a question (God perhaps Smile )He told me that his supervisor had said that I must of downloaded and installed them incorrectly (think he was just trying to fob me off). When I didn't have any of that he disapeared again and came back a min later, I was told, and wait for it Laughing ..... there is a new patch coming out in 3/4 weeks that will address this issue. Stop it! But of course!!

So, now I have been playing around with the icons in fireworks and managed to get them displaying correctly , well sort of. The whole icon is now displayed but I'm having some issues with transparancy, either the icons have the background is disapears or the text is transparant. I'll keep experimenting and post what I work out.

So far the icons that are displaying correctly I have saved using a 256 pallete adaptive and 22x22 pixels.

Alix did you fix this on your smartphone, do you know what size or no of colours I should be using?

Thanks for the help
trpmorgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've fixed it, not that anyone seems interested. :P
I just had to resave all the files with the pallette set to adaptive and make sure it was using all the colours (256) and they all work.

Prob not up to professional standards but they'll do for me. :D
If anyone would like a copy, pm me and i'll email you them.

Cheers for all the help

Tom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: