Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom go 910 casing problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom go 910 casing problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iaindunsmore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom go 910 casing problem Reply with quote

I purchased my tom tom at the weekend and have the problem of the unit switching off while in the mount while driving. I have also noticed that if i apply slight pressure to the top of the unit even when not on the mount that i can switch the unit on and off even without pressing the button. Has anyone else had this same problem.
Will be going back to shop to get replacement.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, the only time I have seen this happen with my device was when the locking ring released from the windscreen, make sure the locking ring on the mount is fully secured (two clicks) then dock the go-910 with some force until it locks in to position - Once secure in this way it should be OK, if not take it back - Mike
mickgritton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Go 910 turning itself off and on Reply with quote

I've also experienced the same problems over 3 weeks with the 910 GO. The unit repeatedly turns itself off while on a jouney - 6 times yesterday in a 1 hour journey. Then when the unit is removed from the mount and placed in the carry bag, the action of zipping it up causes it to turn on.

I have looked at the switch but have noticed that even very slight pressure applied to the casing to the rear or right of the switch up to 1" distant causes the Go to turn on. Further pressure does not however, cause it to turn off.

I called TT UK customer service this morning (0845 161 0009) and the unit is on it's way to TT for repair/replacement (none of the PC World's in my area (Banbury) have any replacement stock and I didn't want to lose the £50 discount I got at purchase). Time from phone call to UPS collecting the package: 50 minutes. A repair or replacement is promised to be with me in 5-10 days time. Lucky I kept my GO 500!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: