Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman 520 error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman 520 error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saint_gaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: navman 520 error Reply with quote

Hello everyone i'm new please be patient Laughing . I have visited this site prior to me making my purchase in January and so have revisited a few times since, picking up a few hint's tips etc.
Any way on Monday i was browsing and found the post about the service pack update. So yesterday i did the update no problems or so i thought. I "tested" the unit by nipping to the local shop's yesterday, and all looked ok. I swiched the unit off when i got home and went in to tell the wife what a clever hubby she had as i had downloaded a software up date installed it and tested it. She said was there any obvious diferences so i switched it back on only to have an error message after the language selection page. The screen is blue and there is a large box on it with the Message "ERROR There is not enough room to coppy the requested file(s)"

Can anyone help?
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the language selection page, have you selected a number of languages?
saint_gaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No just uk english. I have just tried to update everything again and it said I have the up to date version. On the p.c. in the Smartst desktop programe when I clicked on to settings and then up date the icn it said not enough space available.

i unpluged the u.s.b. and turned off the unit at the back left it for 5 min then turned back on and the error message for now has gone.

very strange indeed, will keep you all posted.
saint_gaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further update:
If i disable the language selection screen the device works and loads up no problem. I will use it like this I think for now.
Just wondering have the updates gone on the smart media card and not in to the actual device? and that this is causing the thing to error.
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some while ago there was a thread on the subject of the correct way to disconnect the ICN520 from the PC.

Clearly, it is not good practice just to pull out the USB cable. Navman suggest exiting the desktop, closing ActiveSync, then removing the USB cable.
saint_gaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nortonbeak wrote:

Clearly, it is not good practice just to pull out the USB cable. Navman suggest exiting the desktop, closing ActiveSync, then removing the USB cable.

I apreciate that (and incidently did disconect correctly) but i still have the error only when the language screen is not dissabled.
saint_gaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further update on my update. :D

Whilst having a read of the instructions and a play last night i discoverd a few things.
First i did a reset of the unit. I then instead of chosing uk english i tried u.s. english. This loaded no problem. Again I powerd down did a reset and chose French once again this loaded. power off again reset again u.k. english ERROR.

I once again powerd down and reset but this time i had the s.d. card removed. When the Language screen came on there was only 4 or 5 to chose from so i tried u.k. english. This loaded no problem but them obviously the maps didn't as the card was out.

I again powed off and inserted the card then did a reset chose uk english and again error.

At the end of this the only thing I can think of is thet the unit is trying to get the language information off the card and put it were there is already information stored in the unit and hence there is not enough room for both. Would any one agree?

To be honest i dont realy need the language options but its so frustrating............
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be very frustrating.

Interestingly, it is clearly a fault which you can reproduce and is constant. I suggest that you raise it directly with Navman.
brianburdis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

New here myself so forgive me if i am teaching you to suck eggs.

I have just had the same problem myself. Have you changed your memory card??

Basically All the languages come on the memory card that came with your NAVMAN when you bought it. When you selected a language when it was first switched on it copies the language file from the card to the Navmans internal ROM.

When you do the update it deletes the lang file you chose from the Navmans rom and replaces it, usually with the American language file.

This is normally not a problem BUT if you have changed your memory card as most of us do OR reformatted it and not added the language packs, then when it tries to fing your selected language it fails because its not there and it usually pick what it has available.

You can download the language pack from the navman site, its in a form of a basic card image for the ICN510 but you will need to copy the sound folder from this file and copy it to the navman memory cards sound folder. If you only want certain languages then just copy the ones you want.

If you goto

http://ems00801.egain.net/system/web/view/selfservice/controller.jsp?CONFIGURATION=1019&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=STARTPAGE&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTRY=gb

If this link does not work the goto www.navman.com and select support\Q&A and then show all questions and its answer 104(they are not in order) Download the card image.

when you have done this go into Preferences\more preferences\startup\ and put a tick in the language selection screen box.

Switch the unit off with the switch on the back of the navman. switch on and select the language and put a tick in the box at the bottom of the screen to say not to ask for languaga again(unless you repeat the above)

This should sort out your problem.

i think the insifficemt space was either because you were trying to copy files to either the navmans rom or your memory card was full.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks for listening to me bable.

Brian

Navman ICN520
1 gig memory card
NEED European maps
saint_gaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Brian. No i havent changed the card. its the original one from navman. What i have noticed again after a play over the week end was that if you click on ok in the error box the very top of the screen on the next page loads as icn 6xx.
if i disable the language and do a reset the page loads as icn520
saint_gaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way an waiting for a responce from navman.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: