Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Latest speed camera download for Tom Tom One
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest speed camera download for Tom Tom One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Latest speed camera download for Tom Tom One Reply with quote

Hi
I have successfully downloaded your speed camera data base in the past and have it up and running on my Tom Tom One with version 5.420. But now I am faced with three possible downloads on your latest site, and don't have a clue which one to install into what is there already?
I think I read earlier that it wasn't possible to have the speed of the individual cameras in a download Is that still the case, Or is one of these three downloads doing just that?
I do have the voices installed instead of the sounds on my data base.
I am at a loss of how to proceed
Please Help
Regards
dunk
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Latest speed camera download for Tom Tom One Reply with quote

dunk wrote:
Hi
I have successfully downloaded your speed camera data base in the past and have it up and running on my Tom Tom One with version 5.420. But now I am faced with three possible downloads on your latest site, and don't have a clue which one to install into what is there already?

There have always been several options as to which files you use from the download, depending on how much information you want to use. As some people found it complicated picking them out, they now split it into three "typical" choices. There is nothing to stop you downloading all three, then you will have all the files that were in the previous download.
Quote:
I think I read earlier that it wasn't possible to have the speed of the individual cameras in a download Is that still the case, Or is one of these three downloads doing just that?

Not so. You have been able to have speed-zoned camera warnings for many months. You are right that one of these is still that option though.

Back to your main question.... Once you have selected your satnav system in the first box and clicked on "Continue", the next screen says (on the right):

Quote:
What are the available downloads?

The downloads vary dependant on the SatNav system you use. Not all types are available for each system.

Speed Zoned: Contains the speed cameras in individual files for each speed limit and each camera type.

Single File: Contains all the speed cameras in a single file irrespective of type.

Consolidated by type: Contains one file for each type of speed camera.

Does that explain it enough? If not post again and I'll do a full list of what files you need for your wants.
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you can list the full files required for me? i'm planning on down loading the camera database onto TT1 5.42. I've not down loaded anything thing onto it before so all help would be appreciated. If it possible to have voices notifications that would be good. Thanks.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. No probs.
First you need to decide what you want to end up with....

Option 1 = Simplest solution. All cameras just appear on the TomTom screen as "a camera" irrespective of whether it is a Gatso, a red light camera, a mobile site, or whatever.
For this you only need to download and install one POI file.

Option 2 = The TomTom tells you what type of camera to expect (Gatso, red light, mobile, etc.).
This will need 5 POI files

Option 3 = The TomTom will tell you whether it is a Gatso in a 30MPH zone or a mobile site in a 60MPH zone etc.
This will need between 18 and 23 files, and will use up between 18 and 23 of your 39 available POI categories.

Tell me what you'd like and I'll tell you which files you need (its really very easy now).

We'll get that bit done, then move onto the voice alerts.
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Andy, lets go for option two......
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy peasy then... Smile

Go to the download page
select "Tomtom ov2" in the first box
then select "UK consolidated by type" in the next box, and press "Download database"

Assuning the download works for you (some people have been having problems with different combinations of browser and firewall/antivirus) then you should end up with a zip file called "TomTom_OV2_UK_-_Consolidated_by_type_(Gatso,Mobile,etc).zip".

Un-zip that and you will now get all the files you need:
pocketgps_uk_gatso.ov2
pocketgps_uk_mobile.ov2
pocketgps_uk_redlight.ov2
pocketgps_uk_specs.ov2
pocketgps_uk_temp.ov2

(and their .bmp icons with the same names- you won't need to copy those if you have been using them already).

Copy those to the TomTom and say "Yes" when Windows asks if you want to replace any files with the same names.

That's it. You may need to enable them on the TomTom (in Preferences /Manage POI).

Finally, if you ever want to move up to the speedzoned set, just download that option and install tose in the same way, but you'll need to delete the files you have now, otherwise everything will be repeated twice.
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Andy, that a great help. I'll have a go when I get home tonight and let you know how it goes :D
nitrox32
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you were right, how easy was that :D After reading lots of the forum and seeing lots of people were having problems I was expecting it to be a nightmare. Thanks a lot.

Went and tested it on a local camera and it works fine.

Are the voice alerts that easy to load?
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy for your reply, Sorry to have taken so long to answer I have just come across this today. I have downloaded the speed zoned section and used it last weekend on a trip to Bognor! Yes I know! who the heck goes to Bognor? Well I did last weekend. and the speed zones worked a treat thanks.
dunk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: