Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - what sat nav??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

what sat nav??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevebluenose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: what sat nav?? Reply with quote

Hi all thanks for looking in,i'm just about to start a new job doing parcel deliverys and it's one where it's a job then finished.So basically the quicker i get round the drops quicker i get home so i'm looking at buying sat nav to help me out on this job.So i'm looking for some advice on which sat nav i should buy,hopfully one that is bluetooth and my samsung z500 mobile phone can be linked up to it.

Ideally i'd like to buy a sat nav that will tell me where the speed camras are and most of all take me from door to door.Anyone no if say at the start of my journey i can put in a certain amount of postcodes in and this will then send me to the nearest address in the list then onto the next one ect.Has the work sheets aren't printed in order and don't want to find myself going round in circles.Thanks for taking the time to look at this post and hopefully someone can give me some great info
EasyD2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stevebluenose.

Welcome to the forum!

Planning the best route for a number of stops will never be 100% with any of the standard consumer GPS systems. However, most now allow you to set 'waypoints'.

CoPilot Live 6 has a desktop route planning software. This is one possibility for you (there is a Pocket PC and Smartphone version).

I could also suggest a solution which includes Alturion software. This deals with multiple stop-off points really well, but the software is quite complex.

Hope this gives you a few ideas to start with.

Tel: 0871 7000 156
Globalsat UK Distributor
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: what sat nav?? Reply with quote

stevebluenose wrote:
Hi all thanks for looking in,i'm just about to start a new job doing parcel deliverys and it's one where it's a job then finished.So basically the quicker i get round the drops quicker i get home so i'm looking at buying sat nav to help me out on this job.So i'm looking for some advice on which sat nav i should buy,hopfully one that is bluetooth and my samsung z500 mobile phone can be linked up to it.

Ideally i'd like to buy a sat nav that will tell me where the speed camras are and most of all take me from door to door.Anyone no if say at the start of my journey i can put in a certain amount of postcodes in and this will then send me to the nearest address in the list then onto the next one ect.Has the work sheets aren't printed in order and don't want to find myself going round in circles.Thanks for taking the time to look at this post and hopefully someone can give me some great info

Very few sat nav's currently do optimal routing, so if you insist on this feature you will be severely limiting your options and may exclude systems which are superior in other ways.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevebluenose

Do you want full postcode search (for faster route planning)?
Itinerary for multiple drop offs?
Traffic information?
Speed camera warning?

I would look at TomTom Go range or TomTom One, this would give you dedicated Satnav and the ability to connect to the internet via your mobile phone (if compatible check on www.tomtom.com )
stevebluenose
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys i'm after full postcode search that way this will hopefully take me straight to the addy i need.Could really do with bluetooth on it so i can connect my mobile to it.Been looking at the totom 500 are these any good?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the TT range will not optimise your drop offs. You will be guided to them in the order that you put them in. Therefore you will need to spend some time looking at the proposed route and changing your order so that it ends up looking right on the map.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
EasyD2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because TomTom will only guide you in the order you enter the addresses it would be better to look at maybe CoPilot, as it has a desktop route planning application. Do all the planning on your PC before you leave.

Tel: 0871 7000 156
Globalsat UK Distributor

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: