Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems when trying to install apps on MD95900
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems when trying to install apps on MD95900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebang2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Problems when trying to install apps on MD95900 Reply with quote

Hi there,

yesterday i tryed to unlock my Medion MD95900 and everything works perfekt! I can use the WinCE and the Start-Button.

Now my Problem:

Yesterday I tried also to install different tools for the gps-receiver but it doesn´t work! for example I installed a tool für windows CE a<nd when i tried to start it i got the message "Cannot find "VisualGPSce" (or one of it components). Make sure the path and the filename are correct an all required libraries ar available."

I tried several tools, but no one works. Any ideas? I need only a tool which shows me my GPS-coordinates and a compass!

Bang
Firebird
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read somewhere that the Medion is a cut down windows CE
meaning there are files missing.
thebang2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that would be bad. Is there any possibility to reinstall or update a normal windows ce?
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a cut-down version of Windows CE. It's a complete fully functional version of Windows CE.

The problem is the majority of PDA-type applications require Pocket PC, and the 95900 does not have the full PocketPC operating system. You can get some DLL files that will enable certain PocketPC applications to run, or at least partially function. Do a search on this site for DLL and 95900 and you should come up with some links.

I managed to get VisualGPS to run, but it was unuseable since it was not compatible with the landscape orientation display on the 95900. It was hard-coded for the standard portrait display of a PDA so the bottom third of the screen (including all the buttons) were cut off.

I have managed to get BeelineGPS to run on the 95900 and used it for GeoCaching. That will give you a map of waypoints, a bearing compass, and show you your current coordinates etc. But it didn't work properly, the menu screens wouldn't show up so it was impossible to directly enter waypoint coordinates etc. But it did allow me to import waypoint .gpx files so it was useable but not perfect. As I said just do a search for DLL files and give them a try - it took me awhile to find a combination that worked but you should get it going eventually.
thebang2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!

Thats the dll-Files I need:

http://www.teaser.fr/~vdisanzo/xania/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=fileinfo&filecatid=16&parent=category

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: