Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 510 software query!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 510 software query!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jnielow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Navman 510 software query!!!! Reply with quote

Hello All,

New to site! and to navman 510 model! The sat nav came with v3 software and maps dated 2004. I am getting hold of more up to date maps, will they work ok? ie new maps older software?. Will the navman 510 run the newer smart2005 software, if so is there much benefit from the newer software?. Apart from getting the software directly from navman, has anyone got any other contacts for this software (perhaps I should not be asking !)

Clarification would be welcomed!

Thanks again

Jason :D
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I have had my 510 since last April it came with V3 & 2004 maps. I have been running V3.5 and the full European maps since the beginning of December. The new software is a lot more user friendly then V3. No problems with the install, but if I were you I would perform a clean up of your Navman than over writing your old software. Have a look at some of my old posts or look at the V3.5 manual, from memory I think its page 28 but not to sure.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Forgot to say I do not think that New maps & old software will work. I think that new software old maps work. Also no mix of both, on same SD card.
Regards,
DRP

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman 510 software query!!!! Reply with quote

jnielow wrote:
Hello All,

New to site! and to navman 510 model! The sat nav came with v3 software and maps dated 2004. I am getting hold of more up to date maps, will they work ok? ie new maps older software?. Will the navman 510 run the newer smart2005 software, if so is there much benefit from the newer software?. Apart from getting the software directly from navman, has anyone got any other contacts for this software (perhaps I should not be asking !)

Clarification would be welcomed!

Thanks again

Jason :D

Answers are, yes the software will work - it is intended to update the older v3. Ii have checked out my local Navman supplier who would normally have the but he says only Navman are currently supplying it. As the the benefits, this forum is full of the members various views on its benefits or otherwise. Suggest you run through the forum for the last two months and have a good read and make up your own mind. Wink

Incidentally although the maps might be dated 2004 I think you will find that they are much older than that as it takes time to the developer to prepare them for SatNav use - could be 3,4,5 years Exclamation
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRP wrote:
Hi.
Forgot to say I do not think that New maps & old software will work. I think that new software old maps work. Also no mix of both, on same SD card.
Regards,
DRP

I think you are right in the first two beliefs, but I have had V3 and V3.5 maps on the same card. They can't be enabled at the same time, is my experience.
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim
You are correct, so for myself if I have no mix on the same card I can never get it wrong. So a rule of thumb I never ‘Mix’ maps.
Regards,
DRP

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: