Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT GPS only works once. I then have to delete BT connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT GPS only works once. I then have to delete BT connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: BT GPS only works once. I then have to delete BT connection Reply with quote

I'm using the XDA Exec with a Holux BT GPS on Comm 4. I've managed to get the whole system working but as soon as I turn off and then turn on later - TomTom can no longer see the GPS unless I go into Bluetooth manager - delete the handshake and start it all over again.

Ideas anyone?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give it time, if the GPS is switched on, run up TomTom and wait - mine usually takes around 10 to 15 seconds and its then connected automatically - Mike
Stuie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left it on for 30 minutes last night and all I got was that awful grey Navigator screen showing somewhere where I'm not and still no GPS fix. The Holux GPS clearly has a satellite fix indicated by the flashing amber light and also has a BT fix shown buy the slow blue light flashing. So the Xda Exec has a bluetooth lock but this isn't coming through to TomTom Navigator. I'm still on "Other Bluetooth GPS" on Comm4. I see some guys recommend changing to "Other NMEA GPS" but what baud rate should I use but then it doesn't show comm 4???? Sad
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if its the same for your PDA but I would suggest you try "other NMEA". Try each comm port in turn (somewher on the TT website there is a list of which ports you should choose for which PDA). Once you've done that you will be prompted for Baud rate - start low, say 4800 or 9600. Keep repeating until youve covered all permutations. It will take time - and you have to be outside - to get a fix so leave it a while between each try.

Good luck
Stuie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Finally got it working. Someone on the forum suggested going to xda-developers website and there in Dutch, it suggests the answer is to open both incoming AND outgoing Bluetooth ports on the XDA Exec. Strangely, it seems that some people have managed to get theres working opening only Outgoing connections while others suggest using Comm Ports which my machine wouldn't open. Mine worked on Comm Ports 4 and 8.

My thanks to all on the forums who have contributed in getting my TomTom working.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: