Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5 on O2 XDA Mini S
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5 on O2 XDA Mini S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 on O2 XDA Mini S Reply with quote

I have copied files across to my MiniSD card hoping that the tomtom would work but it doesnt. I get to the setup part, where you pick the voice and the time format but then it comes to maps and says "No Maps loaded"

Anybody know what I can do. There is a map folder called benelax or something like that in the tomtom directory that i copied across.

Please please help
thank you :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you copied the files across did you have show hidden files checked in windows explorer? its in the tools drop down options, file types. if not select this, then wipe the mini SD card, and re-copy the files to the mini card - Mike
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your fast reply. This has helped, I also made sure that all tomtom files were not in any folder on the storage card. Just copy all the files and paste them straight to the storage card.

Thanks once again :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you made some progress, I hope its all working now, so next grab the safety camera database and get that loaded up so you have some protection against the cameras, follow the link from the home page of this site for the database and the info required as to which files you need to load - Mike
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I have got some but not so sure if they are accurate or up to date, could you recommend a speed camera update or install for me please? thank you
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not try the ones from this site here is the link the download can be found from the right hand side of the screen about 2/3 of the way down http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php - Mike
tcepser
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, got all those installed now. What are those speed zone things, is that just when a 60mph changes to a 30mph for example? Also how accurate do you think these are. I dont speed but its nice to know where there hiding Laughing Out Loud.

Also mike, you seem very knowledgable about TomTom Laughing , where do you think I can get a FULL postcode search??

Cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a good set of instructions WRT the safety cameras have a read though Roberts guide http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17702&start=0 it should explain the camera database for you.

The speed zoned cameras are simply each type of camera (Gatso, Specs and Mobile) divided up into there respective speeds that the camera at that location is set to. So using speed zoned you get a visual prompt of the camera and the speed, its also possible to get it to warn with spoken alerts containing the speed.

Accuracy, well I don't think you will find a better product, it is also being refined as people use the POICapture software to send in updates of new cameras, deletions and speed changes. If you want this the instructions and a download link is found at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/poicapture.php

Finally for your postcode for this to work you need to have a folder called tomtom in the root of the mini SD card, it doesn't have anything in it, if its not there simply create one, if you have this on the device make sure you are selecting Navigate to, then Arrow Right (for the next page) Postcode, you cannot enter full postcodes in to the address selection etc.

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: