Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Camera database Reply with quote

Hi Chaps, just a quick query.. when I installed the camera database I noticed that when I connect my Go i have the Ov2 and bmp files in both my 'Great-Britain-map' and also the Great_Britain Navigator map .. now I'm not sure if I've placed them there in error, or they were sent there automatic.. question is if I delete them from one or the other folders (if so which one shouldn't it be in) will it mess up?
Cheers all and Happy new Year
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your Folder Names it would seem that you have the V4 and the V5 Maps on your SD Cards.

The V5 Map is called Great_Britain-Map. You only need the 1 Map Folder and the ov2 and bmp files go in there.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Richard, long time... Trouble is all my POI's as well as the Ov2 and bmp files are in the 'Navigator' folder... so do I delete them from here?
In the Great-Britain-map I have the 'Great_britain.mms' .. 'great_britain.postal' plus all the camera files.
I dont understand why they are in both folders Confused And I'm reluctant to delete stuff after last time!! How do I tel which map I have..

The Tomtom says...

Device***** *****
App 5.201 (5252/050628) OS:908
30mb RAM (free:7.7 mb)
GPS v1.21, Boot 2.18
Map:'Great_Britain Navigator Map'
v314

if this helps...means to me Laughing Out Loud
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 314 Map is the Old Map. I don't understand why you have 2 Map Folders.

I would copy all the ov2 and bmp files you want to keep, to the PC. Also copy the Great_Britain.Postal file to the PC. This is your 7 digit Postcode file, and should not be in the Map Folder.

I'm presuming you have upgraded to V5. So delete the Folder called Great_Britain Navigator Map. This is V314.

The V5 Map is Great_Britain-Map, or if you have the GB-Plus Map it's called Great_Britain_Plus-Map. This is the one you want.

You can copy your ov2/bmp files back into this Folder.

Have you a Folder called Zip, at the same level as the Map Folder?

If yes, is there anything in it. Should be Great_Britain.Postal and might also have setup.dat.

If empty copy the Postal file from the PC to the Zip Folder.

If you've been running the V3i4 maps, you might be asked for an activation code as you will now be running V5 Maps.

Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understood it, the 'upgrade' wasn't worth the money so I didnt bother Embarassed And I'm still unclear what to delete... thing is, it all works at this moment Confused
Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have a 'zip' folder, and funnily enough, in it is the 'postal' file again.... Question
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use the latest Maps, because although there are not that many obvious changes, in certain parts of the country there are important corrections. From memory going North on the M6 Toll was one on the V314 Map.

Did you get the V5 Map Upgrade on an SD Card, or did you get the CD set of MOWE? I don't know how you came to have 2 Maps, or what SD Card you are using.

Perhaps you could run through what you did.

Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havn't upgraded any maps since I purchased this Go 'Classic' a couple of years ago.. all thats changed is the software Tomtom sent me via email ..ver 4.2 etc, and POI's and voices (eventually) installed by me with the help of you kind souls Wink
All the data was transferred to a PNY 256MB sd card a while back which went ok and I have since lost the original 128 Tomtom card!
The only cd's I had were the GB map and MRoE ..Rich', if I have the postal in the 'zip' folder, can I remove this file and the Cameras from the Great-britain-map and delete this... thus just keeping the Great_britain navigator map Question
Confused...yes I am thanks..
Dazp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to say I've had problems is an understatement!! But after using my backup from November, it finally re-installed, but for some reason I have lost all my 'favourites' and 'recent destinations'.. oh and I've lost my splash.
These were all present when I did the backup, does anyone know whats happened to them
Cheers Daz
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazp wrote:
... if I have the postal in the 'zip' folder, can I remove this file and the Cameras from the Great-britain-map and delete this... thus just keeping the Great_britain navigator map Question

I wouldn't!
As Oldboy said a couple of posts back, the latest (V5) map is Great_Britain-Map.
Great_Britain Navigator Map is V314, ie much older.
Still a mystery how you've managed to get these two map folders. Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: