Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - US Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

US Maps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyRat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: US Maps Reply with quote

We have just booked the family holiday to Florida for 2006, and wondered what the consensus was regarding the US maps upgrade....

Is it worth the £100 to purchase the maps for the trip and if so, how easy or difficult is it to make use of them and then revert to the UK maps afterwards??

Any advice would be appreciated.....
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: US Maps Reply with quote

AndyRat wrote:
Is it worth the £100 to purchase the maps for the trip

Have a look at Mapopolis, they have a free demo that you can download and use for your holiday.
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: CoPilot V6 for Florida Reply with quote

I buy the US version and then I have often added the EU maps as well, though I'm still waiting for response for the V6 EU upgrade.

Briefly, switching back and forth works well. On the desktop you do need to restart CoPilot if you want to switch regions USA<>EU, just a minor annoyance.

The PPC comes to life according to whatever region is loaded on the SD card, so you may have one SD for EU and one for USA (or recycle a single SD of course). You may not combine EU and USA regions on one SD. To add the 'other' region capability to PPC just requires the one-time activation, and then the PPC is perfectly capable of handling both.

I have used Florida maps in CP 4, 4.5, 5, and 6. I can't say I've noticed much difference, but of course newer ones are likely to be more accurate.

I was generally satisfied with Florida navigation. CoPilot is the only GPS software I know.

Some annoyances:
-[On desktop only]The region around Miami fails to show where the water is- land and water have the same color. I think PPC shows the water correctly. But on desktop it's very hard to get oriented in this city of bridges. I have reported this, got no response. Other cities do not show this problem, though many coastal views show only a thin band of blue for the Atlantic, with everything to the right shown in gray, not very pretty.
-The CP POI database for USA has always been a disappointment to me. Most of it is uninteresting unless you like lawyer offices, convents, cemeteries, apartment buildings etc.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: