Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot transgender voices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot transgender voices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Copilot transgender voices Reply with quote

Steve wrote in this thread
SupraCoPilot wrote:
I'm having fun with the tts files now. With TTS-US-M loaded I get John (US male character), except the "in 500 yards" warning and "then" are both spoken by Jane (posh English) in the middle of the phrases. The TTS-AU file is the same as TTS-UK (male English in the style of Stephen Hawking). Also if you try the Ogg Vorbis files, the US Lisa sounds the same as John. My preference is the Australian Jessica as she seems to speak UK English with an Aussie accent, instead of Jane who speaks UK English with an American inflection. "Welcome to CoPilot" is one strange example of this, with the accent on the wrong syllable.

If you are getting Jane speaking instead of John then you do not have the TTS-US-M loaded. Otherwise you would get the character we know here as Marvin. One advantage of Marvin is that he can pronounce "miles" properly.
Assuming you are a UK user you need to edit your language.cfg file if you want Marvin. This is in the "\program files\Copilot Pocket PC" folder.
It needs to say
[RelativeDirectories]
"TTSDir"="/pocket speech\tts\Roger\cb112298"

If you prefer Jessica's welcome I found it simplest to just copy CPwelcome.ogg from Jessica into Jane's folder.

Nevertheless you have found an interesting bug. Looks like the files loaded for various phrases have become somewhat jumbled. I checked myself and it is quite random with some of Jessica's and Lisa's phrases also using Jane. The trans-gender bits are of course the most amusing so we must thank ALK for the entertainment.

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not so random after all. The following messages are all new from CP5 and have new OGG files:
500 yards (500ydwarning.ogg)
you have reached (arrived.ogg)
POI ahead (poiahead.ogg)
Safety camera (safetycam.ogg)
Take exit (takeexit.ogg)
Then (then.ogg)
Traffic incident (trafficwarning.ogg)
Approaching stop (waypoint.ogg)
Compared to the female UK voice in CP5 they sound slightly different. Looks like someone just bunged these new files into all English (US, UK and AU) folders on the CD without checking.
The US welcome message (CPWelcome.ogg) has always been the male voice but should be re-recorded now that the welcome is used as a sample on the PPC.

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: