Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Probs with voice warner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Probs with voice warner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soulman_lost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Probs with voice warner Reply with quote

Hello all Smile

Having some grief getting my tt1 to give me a voice spoken alert to tell me when I come up to a safety camera.

Ok heres what I have:

TT1, firmware 5.420, 512 mb kingston card.

Downloaded the safety camera database copied the speed zoned ov2\bmp files from there to the tt1 great britain map folder and then went into the ov2 bmp folder copied the red light camera ov2 and bmp file and put it in the great britain folder.

Also I renamed all the files e.g. pocketgpsworld_gatso_40 to just gatso_40 etc so I can read them on the tt1 screen easily.

then downloaded the data.chk file from tomtomsatnav in the real voice warning promptsd and downloaded the newly added one for the 5.420 version and copied it to the tt2 main folder and renamed it data.chk

At this point I was sure I had read and done everything right and restarted it and it would warn me when I came up to any of the safety cameras but it hasn't?

The cameras do show on my route and I have enabled them in the manage poi menue and set up distances to be warned etc. But no joy.

Where have I gone wrong?

I could bet my grannys apples that I've followed everything down to the last letter spent an afternoon reading the help mes and guides and I've messed up somewhere I gather.

Any assiatance would be of great help Smile

Cheers all
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you assigned them to each camera type? The voices have replaced the sounds in the data file, but you still need to assign "cow" etc to the camera types in:-
Change Preferences / Manage POI / Warn when near POI / <select each camera type> /< choose each "sound" (voice)>.

If you want more sounds/voices than the standard number (and to re-name the something sensible on the TT), take a look at Ray's site
soulman_lost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello andy

I started again from scratch and it has worked a treat!

Pretty cool, glad its all up an running.

Cheers
Have a good christmas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: