Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq HX2100 and Fuzion Bluetooth GPS x50 please help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq HX2100 and Fuzion Bluetooth GPS x50 please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
druid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Ipaq HX2100 and Fuzion Bluetooth GPS x50 please help Reply with quote

Hi
I have just got a HP HX2100 PDA that has TomTom 5 installed on it which is working apart from the fact that I can not get my Fuzion Bluetooth GPS x50 to work on it.
Can anyone please tell me what settings I need to apply on the PDA in the bluetooth manager for TomTom5 to use it.
The settings I have in the bluetooth setup opitions are

1. Connect to internet via phone.
2. ActiveSync via Bluetooth.
3. Browse files on a remote device.
4. Hands-free/Headset setup.
5. Connect to a network.
6. Join a personal network.
7. Exchange business cards.
8. Explore a bluetooth device.

When I use opition 8 it connects and names it as a FTECH-SPP: SPP slave and when I check the active connections it is connected in the outgoing connections but not in the incoming connections.
Can anyone please help me out here and tell me which of the 8 opitions I need to use etc I am a real newbie to all of this and a walk through etc would be great.
Also when I start TomTom5 it states no GPS signal please help its doing my head in.
Many Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct to go for the outgoing BT port and the SPP option, once this is done start TomTom and go to preferences select the show GPS status screen and select configue, then other cabled NMEA GPS device, set the Baud rate to the speed your GPS unit uses (check the book but 4800 or 9600 are a good bet, if its a newer device go for 38,400) on the last screen select the outgoing Bluetooth serial port (as a tip go for landscape screen before trying this as it will display all the line of text - preferances/ rotate screen in TT) - if the little yellow/ blue icon starts to spin (top rh of the GPS set-up screen) then it is comunicating fine, take the whole lot outside and wait for around 15- 30 mins and it should be OK, after this first hook up it will take seconds to aquire a lock on - Welcome along and I hope this helps - Mike
druid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks for your help Mike.
I have managed to get the little blue/yellow circle to spin now but it is still saying no GPS signal found or it will say that it lost it.
I must admit that I have not been outside with it as it is to bloody cold to wait around for 30 mins.
Also do you know how to get the vioces installed on TT5 as all my voices are grayed out?
Many Thanks
druid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Mark
I have just had the PDA etc outside for 20 mins and it worked.
Just need to sort out how to put the voices on the TomTom5 now any ideas?
Many Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voices will need a folder named tomtom in the root of the SD card, it doesn't need to contain anything, then create a folder called voices in the root of the SD card and put the associated voice files into it, tomtom should then find them - the next GPS sync should only take 15 to 20 seconds, the first time always takes longer, its worth the pain in the end though - Mike
druid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks
All sorted now I did not know I had to install the cab files for each vioce now it works.
Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: