Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT GO loses info
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT GO loses info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: TT GO loses info Reply with quote

Hi

I persuaded my friend to buy a TTG300 unit. He isn't very savvy with electronics and it takes an age to talk him through updating the camera database.

I am getting a phone call at least once a week now asking why his unit still shows the cameras, but the sounds do not activate. He also asks why his home location is not shown neither are his recent destinations.

I have since found out that this happens after he has taken out his SD card, which unfortunately he does because he is so happy with the unit he wants to show it around his friends who are also enquiring about purchasing.

My main question is why does this happen? Surely when you change the settings for the camera sounds and add favourites, they are stored to the card aren't they? It sounds to me like they are being stored in a temporary memory somewhere. Is there a way he can put these things in and not lose them as I am starting to pull out what little hair I have left :D

Cheers

Mark
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is he taking the card out!!

Is his card full?

Favourites and recent destinations are stored in the ???????.cfg file in the map folder.

Has he got more than 39 PoIs. The GO will only see 39, if he takes the card out, the GFO will reset and reboot and may choose a different set of PoIs each time.[/b]
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are loads of posts about this problem on the tt navigator ppc forum is the card locked via the side swich??
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
Why is he taking the card out!!

Because he is a numpty :D. Seriously though, I think he is taking it out to show people what the system is stored on and to say that you can buy oter cards like that with other Country's maps on.

He only has the standard POI's on it and the speed cam files.

adamf wrote:
there are loads of posts about this problem on the tt navigator ppc forum is the card locked via the side swich??

The card isn't locked as we were able to transfer the new data.chk file to the card and it isstill there. I didn't look in the PPC forum because it is a GO and I thought they would have different systems. Off I go to have a llok now.

Cheers

Mark
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi marksfish

Has your friend downloaded some dodgy software (ie Voices) from somewhere, if he has this could cause the problem of him keep losing his Home & Recent Destinations. Once he deletes these files his Home & Recent Destinations will stay.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The only other software he has on it is the camera database, unless that is dodgy :D

Goint to see whether the config file is read only as mentioned in another thread when I go down there at Xmas.

Cheers

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: