Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - USA & Canada
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

USA & Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cenwesi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: USA & Canada Reply with quote

I have asked this question and it seems like there is no reason why it can't be done. I recently purchased TomTom 5. I travel a lot to Canada and i usually fly into Buffalo airport and then drive to Canada. As you see i really don't like stopping and asking for direction. Everyone you ask gives you the run around. Anyway I have the TomTom 5 for my Treo and it works fine. Only problem is when i land in Buffalo i was hoping TomTo will direct me to Canada border or the address in Canada that i enter. Seems it want me to switch map blah blah...

Will TomTom give us a continuous map from NY to Canada or other border states since we already payed for US & Canada maps? I will be going on a trip tomorrow and i will hate to get lost in NY (buffalo on a Friday) if you know what i mean. Better yet can someone tell me on TomToms site where i can get a free copy of the continuous map on their so called confusing site.

Thanks.[/b]
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send your request to the president of TomTom USA.

jocelyn.vigreux@tomtom.com

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
cenwesi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and i will forward he/she this email. Very unacceptable!.
cenwesi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well some updates on this....
First i did send the email to TomTom.... and here is the response i got back if anyone wants to know...
------------------
Hi Charles:

At this time, there is no contiguous map into US and Canada for Navigator 5. The reason why we can not make one large map specifically for PDA users is because most Palm/PPC devices can not read such a large file. Having 1 GB of files on your SD card and having 1 file that is 1 GB large on your SD card are very different when it comes to your PDA's ability to read that file. Once PDAs and SD cards become more powerful, we may be able to create such a map for Navigator 5.

If you have any further questions, please contact us.

Andrew Weber | Technical Support | TomTom | andrew.weber@tomtom.com | 978.287.9555 x1 office | 978.287.9522 fax
-------------

Now i just came back from Canada and i have to say TomTom worked like i expected it to. I totally forgot about the POI and one of the POI is "BORDERS" and i recall US - Levinston 190 i think it the road you take to cross the border from the USA part to Canada. Once i crossed it i switched to Canadian map and proceeded on.... Coming back i did the same thing. One thing about the POI that i liked and is standard in app GPS apps is the ability to give the the POI's nearest to your current GPS location. This really helped cuz i figured once i land at Buffalo i just choose the closest border to Canada and proceed on. Anyway i don't need Map quest ANY more from now on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: