Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - addresses in London
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

addresses in London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthurharding
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: addresses in London Reply with quote

Hi Having used the tom tom nav2 with bluetooth socket and really happy with it all I needed to go to London last week. Was I confused "you bet I was"

I tried to enter an address at Vauxhall and the tom tom nav2 would not find vauxhall or elephant and castle so ended up using clapham as the address as that appeared to be on the database.

Am I doing something wrong?? or are they just not on the database

How do you use tom tom nav2 with london addreses as it does not seem to identify london post codes either IE se1

here's hoping someone can help a poor lincolnshire boy who is lost in the big smoke!!
catken96
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: addresses in London Reply with quote

Hi Arthur,

When looking for a particular street in a particular Borough, entering the Borough name in the City Box will work sometimes, but as you've discovered, not all Boroughs are recognised!!   My method is shown in the following example for let us say, 22,King Street N2:-

Type London in City, followed by King Street -- which brings up the 11 King Streets in the London A-Z, with their various Postcodes. Make your selection - obviously King Street N2/Type in 22/Tap OK/Tap "Navigate to",and away you go.

Try the above but substitute the Street Name you were trying to find in Vauxhall. If it is a common name throughout London, just select the one with the postcode you want, in this case either SE1, or SE11.

If you input Vauxhall or Elephant as Street you will get fairly central locations in these boroughs. The TomTom postcode search is a bit disappointing, but if you search as above it should get you there. As I live in West London, I can vouch for TTNav. I thought you were Lincolnshire Lads, not boys!!! Greetings to Lincs.

Tom.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I'm with Tom - I enter London, then the street name and use the first part of the prefix to select which is the right street.

Using anything other than London (like borough names or localities) leaves you playing the game of "precisely how have the database authors classified this street".

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: