Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP! downloading back-up to new mmc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! downloading back-up to new mmc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
savechip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: HELP! downloading back-up to new mmc Reply with quote

Question I have recently purchased a nokia 6680 & tomtom mobile 5.

having backed up the tomtom software to my pc i then purchased a 512mb rs rv mmc to enable me to download additional poi's & voices.

i removed the tomtom card from the 6680 and inserted the moby memory 512mb, i then used nokia data suite to download the tomtom software to it.

after doing this i thought i would just be able to use the tomtom software as previously with the original card but the shortcut has not appeared in the menu grid and i can find no other way of activating the software.

have i done something incorrectly or is there somehting i am not doing?

please help!

cheers

paul

p.s. i absolutely love tomotm mobile despite only being able to download a few poi's to the original card, just can't wait to get a load more poi's & voices onto it.
Musketter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to copy all the files tot he new card via a card reader as the Nokia Suite changes certain file formats

Good luck
savechip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad thanks for the advice, wish i'd realised that before i'd bought my mmc from moby memory as i'd have saved a postage charge, oh well.

cheers,

paul
The_Tyke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same set up as you. I got fed up with using the Nokia Suite and now transfer data using a £10 usb card reader, which works MUCH better and is a damn site easier.
savechip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a high speed r.s. usb card reader from moby memory and everything is sorted now!!! fully backed up and downloaded to the 512mb card with tonnes of poi's & loads of voices, this really is a great piece of kit.

note to anyone who uses nokia suite, it takes a fraction of the time to download/upload with a usb card reader, a real time saver for less than a tenner
joe1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is AFAIK is that PCsuite can't/won't transfer the system files so this can only be done with a card reader. As savechip has found out.

joe
andymellish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6680, tomtom mobile 5 and a BT-77 Reply with quote

I have also just bought tomtom mobile 5 and a BT-77 GPS.
I have successfully put ttm5 on the MMC (via card reader)and have the icon on my mob. I can open ttm5 on my mob but i can only get as far as screen 2, which asks me to log into tomtom service. my phone won't connect.
Also, I have paired my 6680 and the BT-77, but even though the phone says its paired, the pairing seems inactive, and the BT-77 flashes as if to say the connection is not working.

can anyone helpme please!!!???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: