Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Contacted Navman about "New Maps"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Contacted Navman about "New Maps"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highroyds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Contacted Navman about "New Maps" Reply with quote

Hey all,

I phoned Navman up this morning and got chatting with one of their customer support team and told them that they'd shipped out the old maps with this new SmartST 2005, they replied with:

Sorry sir but the maps that have been shipped out are the correct maps, these are the new maps that have been supplied to us from TeleAtlas. These now cover the railway lines on them, I'm sorry but you can't have any refund as you have activated them on your account.

Just its like Navman are saying STFU we've got your money now, its your fault for now reading it correctly.

But I'm still waiting to see if they reply to the email I sent them on the weekend. But doesnt look good Evil or Very Mad
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying I know- but since I've now got my Navman to work (phew!)
I've checked some of the errors which I had found that existed on the previous maps.
Although the A1/M62 junction isn't updated - not sure if the road is open yet, but on the last trip up there, it looked imminent in June, some of the other updates have been made. Certainly the A34/M4 junction is now shown as correct - and not simply a roundabout. A new road in Bradford (couple of years old I guess) is still missing however.
To be fair, there are updates, and I don't think that you can ever have completely uptodate maps with the GPS devices.
highroyds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andycambs wrote:
Annoying I know- but since I've now got my Navman to work (phew!)
I've checked some of the errors which I had found that existed on the previous maps.
Although the A1/M62 junction isn't updated - not sure if the road is open yet, but on the last trip up there, it looked imminent in June, some of the other updates have been made. Certainly the A34/M4 junction is now shown as correct - and not simply a roundabout. A new road in Bradford (couple of years old I guess) is still missing however.
To be fair, there are updates, and I don't think that you can ever have completely uptodate maps with the GPS devices.

There is a new gps device that i've found that has the Q3 of 2005 new maps by teleatlas it retails at £299
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is a new gps device that i've found that has the Q3 of 2005 new maps by teleatlas it retails at £299

Interesting - the Navman shop site does actually spell out that you get the latest TeleAtlas maps...
Quote:
The very latest Navman SmartST 2005 software with access to one single map region for Western Europe.

You may choose which region you want to activate when installing this software (i.e UK & Ireland). SmartST 2005 now delivers an advanced address search and journey routing wizard improving the quality and accuracy of your navigation.
highroyds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry had an edit on my above post, the unit I found uses the NavTeq maps:

Quote:
Evesham BM6380 - the system has Q3 2005 Navteq maps – the most up to date available – pre-loaded on to its SD card.

but nice piece of kit though.

Found it being sold all over cheapest price was £235
Andycambs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Evesham BM6380 - the system has Q3 2005 Navteq maps – the most up to date available – pre-loaded on to its SD card.

Interesting -
The first customer review of this on the Evesham site says:
Quote:
The software is a little out of date. My street is not on it....The software did take me up a dead end on one occasion. ...

Also - the speed camera update is only free for the first six months and chargeable after that - unlike Navman where you can use the speed camera database here on pocketgpsworld.com website.
Quote:
Free Speed Camera updates for six months (PC and Internet connection required)
Subscribe to continue receiving updates for just £30 per year

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: