Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA Exec with memory Map and Tomtom 5.1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA Exec with memory Map and Tomtom 5.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clm71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: XDA Exec with memory Map and Tomtom 5.1 Reply with quote

I have the XDA Exec which is all set up and working with TT 5.1. My GPS receiver is the GlobalSat BT338 and is working fine with TT having followed the lengthy procedure to ensure it is set up correctly i.e. changing COM ports etc. I need help though !! How do I get Memory Map to also work and what are the GPS settings that need to be used. I am unsure as to whether the TT overwrites any requirements of Memory Map and it is proving a nightmare to get both working together or at the very best even getting Memory Map to recognise any GPS or COM port. Urgent assistance is therefore required !!!! Any clues ????
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is memory-map compatabile with WM5? I will try and find out just now for you.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memory map 5 does support WM5, is that the version you have?
clm71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steven,

Yes I am using WM5 and Memory Map does work on it. The only thing that dosent is that the software dosent pick up a GPS signal no matter what COM port I try to use. I dont want to mess up the TT5 configuration but I am sure there must be a way to get MM to recognise the GlobalSat BT338.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got a GPS icon in the start/ settings/ connections page - if not that will need to be un-hidden, if its an O2 unit they decided for some stupid reason to hide it! - is it there? Mike
clm71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the GPS icon is within the settings menu and has been set up so that it works with TomTom. Currently the GPS program port within the GPS icon is set at 'none' (to ensure compatibility with TT). In the bluetooth settings for my BT338 recevier the COM port is also set at 'COM0'. This works fine for TT but Memory Map dosent.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got any further with this, I have managed to get GPS working with both programs but only on their own, it will not work simultaneously - unless anyone knows different, I even tried Fransons GPS Gate, this did little more than WM2005 inbuilt system - Mike
shabba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: XDA Exec with memory Map and Tomtom 5.1 Reply with quote

don't have a answer for you, but you could help me. i'm trying to install tomtom navigator on my xda exec, but it does not install. any info will be help full. Confused

thanking you in advance

shabba
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, The easy way to get it to install is to download the latest version from the tomtom web site, this is compatible with WM2005, and so it will load, unlike the version you have on the CD's Try this link, it will take you to the correct place http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&FID=3361
You can then install the map and include the postcode option onto a memory card (I would recommend the use of an SD card reader for this bit as via Active Sync can take a long time) - BTY I have the Memory map and TomTom working, will post the settings later (thanks Lutz, I got the ports mixed up, as well as my head on this one) Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: